JRE Version 6 Update 31

oil81

use @ to identify users ;)

Exactly, I am in your situation. I've not found most of these parameters (JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 JQS=0 SYSTRAY=0 EULA=0)

Of course sometimes there are undocumented or hidden parameters, but I like to stick with what's working and not trying to invent any voodoo.

For example, there's not even any EULA whatsoever to agree to, so that option simply doesn't even make sense.

Unable to eliminate "AUTOUPDATE" (among other "AUTO" items), I found this. I really DON'T want Auto-anything, JQS (etc.) so I'm now trying a couple of these "tricks". (Deprecated indeed!). Also explains the difference between the two sizes ("Wahoo" toolbar).

Silent JAVA link (apparently old)

Silent JAVA (from Oracle) link (also older)

Newer (from Oracle) link ("deprecated")

...and Kel's wonderful tutorial for U30...

HTH

Edited by submix8c

Unable to eliminate "AUTOUPDATE" (among other "AUTO" items), I found this. I really DON'T want Auto-anything, JQS (etc.) so I'm now trying a couple of these "tricks". (Deprecated indeed!). Also explains the difference

Auto-anything? Not bad as a new feature ;). I want this as a new global installer switch parameter... I've packed java with Inno Setup. Very very simple script. Very...

[/size][size=2]
[Run][/size]
Filename: {tmp}\jre-6u31-windows-i586-s.exe; Parameters: "[size=3]/s JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0 JQS=0 SYSTRAY=0 EULA=0 REBOOT=Suppress[/size] "; WorkingDir: {tmp};
Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/x {{4A03706F-666A-4037-7777-5F2748764D10}} /qb-"; WorkingDir: C:\WINNT\system32;
[Registry]
Root: HKLM; SubKey: "SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy"; ValueType: dword; ValueName: EnableJavaUpdate; ValueData: $00000000;
Root: HKLM; SubKey: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy; ValueType: dword; ValueName: NotifyDownload; ValueData: $00000000
Root: HKLM; SubKey: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy; ValueType: dword; ValueName: NotifyInstall; ValueData: $00000000
[Setup]
AlwaysShowComponentsList=false
ShowComponentSizes=false
FlatComponentsList=false
UsePreviousSetupType=false
ShowLanguageDialog=no
Uninstallable=false
UsePreviousGroup=false
AppendDefaultGroupName=false
CreateAppDir=false
RestartIfNeededByRun=false
AllowCancelDuringInstall=false
AppName=Java SE 6 U31
AppVerName=6.0.310.74
DisableFinishedPage=true
DisableReadyPage=true
UsePreviousTasks=false
DisableWelcomePage=true[size=2]

U can notice 2 things:

1. msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/x {{4A03706F-666A-4037-7777-5F2748764D10}} /qb-: with this command I'll uninstall java auto updater
  2. [Registry]: whit the keys in this section I'll disabling auto update (in case I can't uninstall java auto updater)

Cheers

Edited by oil81

Hmmm... I used Kel's "method" and it seems to work. The "AU" folder (in my profile) no longer appears and in the Java Control Panel, the "Update" tab is "missing".

The only other item I can find is in the Control Panel "JRE Auto-Download" (see this).

His method completely removes ALL Auto-Updates plus removal of previous version(s) prior to install. The ONLY thing "lagging" is that single entry. It MAY be irrelevant since the "auto-update" was never installed. (Clueless).

I note, however, that I haven't found a REG entry for it.

Using non-S suffixed version -

REM 1) Double-Click Installer (STOP!) to get:
REM 2) ->C:\Documents and Settings\<yourID>\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_31
REM 3) (the following to get files per Kel - ref. link to RyanVM)
msiexec.exe /a jre1.6.0_31.msi targetdir=%homedrive%\Admin /qb

REM 4) Uninstall current version
MsiExec /qn /x {26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F83216019FF}

REM 5) Install Current Version (from Step#3)
MsiExec /i jre1.6.0_31.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 SYSTRAY=0 JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0

REM 6) Remove Java Quick Start
"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe" -unregister

That REG stuff you indicated apparently is used if running the EXE-installer that's downloaded. All the other "nifty parameters" are apparently NOT passed to the MSI, hence the "alternate" method of "extraction".

Other than that single "strange" CPL entry, all seems as what I wanted. So it SEEMS that the only thing needed is to manually extract (1-2-3) and package using execute sequence (4-5-6).

edit - NOTE - the AU folder is at

C:\Documents and Settings\<yourID>\Application Data\Sun\Java\AU

and contains

AU.MSI and AU.CAB (apparently from the "full" install sequence)

...this is what your "Uninstall" is doing (but in Kel's method it doesn't exist)

interesting read here at date=7/29/2010 by FruF

Edited by submix8c