$OEM$\$Docs Folders Issues

I've been trying to finish off my XP disc and have found another problem...it seems random folders in my $OEM$\$Docs just don't seem to copy across properly.

All the other $OEM$ folders work fine, and indeed, some of the $OEM$\$Docs folders do as well...but not all of them. I think setup is wiping them out during the process perhaps...but I'm at a loss why.

I've got some customised folders in my "Default User\My Documents" and "All Users\My Documents" folders. The "All Users" ones copy across fine, the "Default User" ones do not. I figure that windows is wiping them out when it initialises the profile when GUI setup starts, so I added a folder to $OEM$\$Docs that I could xcopy across from cmdlines.txt, but these extra folders don't seem to get copied (or at the very least, they're missing when examined from a Shift+10 console). The custom Desktop.ini file however does get copied! So far I've concluded that any folders in the $OEM$\$Docs level won't work, nor will folders inside $OEM$\$Docs\Default User\My Documents.

...has anyone documented these issues anywhere so I can work around them without all this trial and error?

Edited by mrjrt

I gave up and just made folders under $1 and copy them into place with cmdlines.txt

Just seemed that certain folders wouldn't copy across. Very chort names...I renamed "Documents and Settings" to "Home" and "My Documents" to "Documents". I suppose I could have let text mode setup complete then mounted the partition and inspected what got copied across...but in the end all that matters is what actually happens...so cmdlines.txt it is.

Edited by mrjrt