Norton 360 Unattended Install

Jelavic18

Hi guys, first time poster

Need help with an unattended install of Norton 360 v5. I've got the silent install working perfectly using qn,which activates a 30day trial and prompts for the activiation key (exactly what I want). However one of the things I also need the installer to do silently is remove/uninstall the previous anti-virus on the computer, if this is even possible? When you run Norton 360 the first option is to click to remove previously installed software. I know there will be a variation of anti-virus's on different machines so even if It popped up their uninstall screen that would be fine. I also need to avoid rebooting until all software has been completed, would REBOOT=ReallySupress be fine or would it depend on the uninstaller? I've seen some post referencing a DELETEMODE Command but can't find any more info on it. Anyways hope that makes sense, any help would be much appreaciated!

Thanks

Edited by Jelavic18

• 3 weeks later...

I really doubt you can successfully do this for several reasons:

You would need to know the uninstall + switch string for ALL av\malware apps

Doing any number of them WITHOUT a reboot will likely frag your system as they all try to delete + remove common files.

Even doing all of the above your install of 360 is not going to be fully successful as all of the flagged files the OTHER programs need deleted during a reboot can (And likely will) f'up 360.

I really doubt you can successfully do this for several reasons:

You would need to know the uninstall + switch string for ALL av\malware apps

Doing any number of them WITHOUT a reboot will likely frag your system as they all try to delete + remove common files.

Even doing all of the above your install of 360 is not going to be fully successful as all of the flagged files the OTHER programs need deleted during a reboot can (And likely will) f'up 360.

Thanks for your reply

I get what your sayiing about the switch for all apps, so I don't think my above request is achievable.

Alternative: Is there a switch to select the "Click to Remove Previous AntiVirus" option? which would then load the av/malware apps unique uninstaller?

I don't mind having to attend the uninstaller

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Edited by Jelavic18