nLite problem - multiple errors

MareLimp

I have a problem with nliting Windows September edition, and same problem with November edition of Mashers XP Pro SP 3.

I deleted all unwanted components with nLite - I have read a lot of guides on internet to be sure that Im not deleting important stuff. I nlited Windows to around 220 MB. Also, I added some programs - addons for nlite that I found on internet, and drivers for my PC. I added new DirectX 9.0c version (latest) cose I didnt know if it is integrated with Windows.

PROBLEM was (first) viaide.sys, which was corrupted, so I copied it from my previous instalation of Windows (Black Edition from 2009) and from internet. This occured while finalizing in nLite. Same happened with symc810.sys and symc8xx.sys files. I copied them too, and succseded to make nlited Windows without showing any errors.

I decided to test it with VirtualBox. Everything was fine until it supposed to start Windows. New error was displayed, and it was cmd.exe error. I tryed again without instaling any drivers and programs, just remowing unwanted components - same thing happened.

While instaling nlited Windows od VirtualBox, errors were: cmd.exe, regsvr32.exe, rundll32.exe, REG.exe, nhelper.exe, mofcomp.exe - windows cannot access the specified device, path or file..but installation complited.

Is it bcs of VirtualBox or its my nlited Windows instalation. I noticed, that after installed it, I couldnt open folder properties, Display settings and some more services.

I hope that you have some advice for me...

What ever I do with nLite this errors just wont go away.

Edited by MareLimp

Well, black edition worked well, problem is with nliting Machers version of XP Pro SP3, which is full version with all hotfixes and updates integrated + SATA drivers. So this should be good version. It actually works fine, problem is nliting that version, so question is - is it bcs of these versions (tryed on 3) or bcs of me doing something wrong ?

BTW, I have original, licenced Windows XP Pro, but its an old, one of the first versions, not even service pack 2. Thats why I downloaded new, full version with integrated updates.

Look... you're a new member, OK. As it stands now, you are asking for help modding an illegal download of Windows XP. We don't do that here. You could be banned right now for breaching the very first rule of the forum (1a). I suggest you read the forum's rules, then accept the fact I was kind enough to still give you a (correct) answer at first.

I have read a lot of guides on internet to be sure that Im not deleting important stuff.

BTW, I have original, licenced Windows XP Pro, but its an old, one of the first versions, not even service pack 2. Thats why I downloaded new, full version with integrated updates.

If you're knowledgeable about nLite then it shouldn't be a problem to make your own "edition" ;)

Updating your original source isn't very difficult. First integrate SP3 and then rest of updates. You can even use OnePiece updates pack if you're lazy. Both SP3 and the update pack can be integrated in nLite.

Thank you for replies, I started nliting my original version, so no need for ban :). Turned out this costume version was the problem, as Ponch stated. Its going well for now with my old version. Removing stuff was easy, as adding service packs. Now I just need to add all updates and hotfixes and some programs. Im glad that there is updates pack here, and thank you for that information. I thought that I will have to download them one by one.

I just have couple questions...

Should I install all frameworks from 1.1 to 4, or only, 2.0 to 3.5 ?

Is there any way to integrate Office 2007, maybe from RunOnce command or something ? I would like to make costume silence installation of office, and include serial with it, but is something like that even possible ?

Also, can I find somewhere latest DirectX 9.0c addon ? I tryed google and this forum, but found only 9.0.

Edited by MareLimp

Actually, I wont use that one. I dont need IE 8, Media player, and all those hotfixes and updates. Instead I plan to integrate "XUpdatePack-SP3-v2.0.18" which contain only crutial releases. In that topic you provided me, I have found a link to "OnePiece_DirectX_AddOn_v1.8.0" so DirectX problem is solved.

Only .NET Frameworks left. I have 6 of them 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5 update, and 4.0. Those are true addons. So question is, should I insert them like any other addon, or I need to use SNM to pack them and then integrate with nLite ???

Edited by MareLimp

• 5 months later...

Sorry for a forum noob to re-open the thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue with an untouched SP3 disk, circa Nov 2010 (or thereabouts).

Disk is legit and I'm using the licence code from my HP DC7100.

Managed to fix the .sys errors by getting the files and using the "makecab" command in CMD then copying to I386 folder.

Used WinSetupFromUSB 0.1.1 (worked for me countless times before) to install from USB HDD, but got same issues when trying from CD-R.

Text part of install works fine, then when GUI installer comes up, about 80% through I get the cmd.exe and other errors mentioned above. Its the same once fully installed, and apparently I don't have permission to open ANYTHING. Cant even open the Control panel, view System Properties, install software or even open an mp3.

Tried all solutions in this thread to no avail. Help would be greatly appreciated