Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

thumpa

Hi im currently studying website design and one of the modules we study php code and i want to use visual studio for that one, but in terms of creating sql database and communicating with the database im wondering is it possible for PHPMyAdmin to something similar.

Thanks

Thumpa

we study php code and i want to use visual studio for that one

That's pretty unusual. I've never seen anyone use VS for that.

but in terms of creating sql database and communicating with the database im wondering is it possible for PHPMyAdmin to something similar

Well, for starters we don't know what database you're using, how/where it's setup or anything of the sort.

if i were to install wamp server to do my php, am i still able to use visual studio at the same time since it uses IIS?.

The "A" in "WAMP" stands for Apache. So that wouldn't use IIS. And no, VS 2010 SP1 doesn't use IIS for ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC projects (which are still completely unrelated to what you're doing) but rather IIS express. Not that it has anything to do with a WAMP installation in any way. Both are completely unrelated.

You could still use VS as a PHP or text editor but I really don't see the point. It's not much of a web developer/designer tool in the first place, nor a "scripting" tool, and it's really not geared towards PHP (there's zero support for it built-in). You basically get none of the features that makes VS a fantastic IDE in the first place (like intellisense, the debugging, the designers, great compilers for several languages, the solution explorer with a logical layout, server explorer, class editor, MSDN documentation, setup projects, etc) so why bother? I'd much sooner use a decent text editor like notepad++ or a web design tool like dreamweaver for this (not that I'm into PHP in any way), or any of the other tools meant precisely for this. I absolutely love Visual Studio but it just feels like the wrong tool for the job here. I think it would feel a bit like eating soup with a pitchfork.