How To Install Custom Keyboard Layout ?

Hi All,

I'm Noob In Front Of U people .. I m making Unattended Windows.. But I Want To Install My Custom Keyboard Layouts .. How Can I Do That ? Pls Tell me ..

After Installing Windows.. I Want To See My Custom Phonetic Layouts In Language Bar On TASKBAR ..

I Have an msi setup for my custom layout .. but how can i do this for my unattended windows.. pls help .. any more info.. pls ask freely ..Pls Tell complete Procedure .. i know to add keyboard layout in .inf file.. but i want to add CUSTOM layout ...

Does this help? :unsure:

Brother .. In Windows WINNT.sif .. i can add the keyboard layout that is already installed in windows..but what about my custom keyboard layout .. in which keys are customly tweaked and replaced ..?

when i always do normal windows for my own use.. i install my custom keyboard by running MSI setup file .. and then i go to control panel to select it ..

but how can i do this in unattended.. means i want the msi setup of custom keyboard to be installed, and then automatically selected and shown in language bar ..?

For XP keyboard layouts are stored there: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts". I hope your custom one was compiled properly as a dll because that what the OS is looking for.

@allen2

my keyboard folder have these files & foldrs ...

post-335222-0-31138000-1320150880_thumb.

and each folder have a dll file ...

that is a custom layout.. so how can i integrate it in unattended windows .. and the show it up in language bar ?

For XP keyboard layouts are stored there: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts". I hope your custom one was compiled properly as a dll because that what the OS is looking for.

I got the layout ID for my custom keyboard in regedit (ofcourse custom layout is installed) .. so can i do a like installing my custom keybaord's MSI file by svcpack method or any other .. and also adding "localeID:keyboardlayoutID" thing in [RegionalSettings] Area of code ..????

the type of layout id given in MSFN unattended guide is of 8 charcters i.e for example 00000419

and the registry ids in REGEDIT are also of 8 characters similar to this 00000419 number .. so should i use this type of number .. of the string that is inside layout registry named "Layout ID" and is valued like "0c12" ...