help me integrate drivers with nlite

innn

hello, I have problems integrating drivers I did pick up one .inf file from every folder : chipset , network, audio and graphics and it does show me progress in integrating them but after I run the iso in the virtual machine I get question marks over all these devices.

So how do I know what to pick from all the .inf (amous )files ?

If required I will post the listing on every folder contents

Well, the first thing you need to know is that you cannot test your integrated drivers in a virtual machine since the VM uses generic virtual hardware that does not represent the real hardware of the host.

Beyond that, I leave your question in the hands of more qualified persons than myself. :)

Well, the first thing you need to know is that you cannot test your integrated drivers in a virtual machine since the VM uses generic virtual hardware that does not represent the real hardware of the host.

Beyond that, I leave your question in the hands of more qualified persons than myself. :)

it seems plausible :) thank you, but that raises the question how does one test the image by actually installing it alongside the existing windows ?

Edited by innn

I use a spare hard drive after unplugging all other hard drives. It seems safest to me. I'm sure others have more imaginative solutions than this.

You can create a spare 2Gig partition on your drive, set it as active and install to it. Be sure you have the tools to revert back to normal operation, this involve the ability to still boot from a 3rd OS (bootable cd or other) to reset your original partition to active and repair your boot options. Needless to say I'm not responsible for loss of data if wrong partition is formatted.

For eventual further help with your drivers, attach (not paste) your "last session.ini".

ok, I do need help integrating the chipset drivers they are quite a lot in that folder: usb, cpu,etc...probably many OS and architectures as well. dont' know which *.inf file to add. I added them as single driver, the ones for video , audio and network I think were easier . My last session ini is thislast_session.ini

content of chipset driver folder is this INF.txt

ok, I do need help integrating the chipset drivers they are quite a lot in that folder: usb, cpu,etc...probably many OS and architectures as well. dont' know which *.inf file to add.
Just open the folder "All" of the package and integrate any of the INF files (no matter which one). NLite will copy them all inclusive the CAT files into the special nLite drivers folder and the XP Setup will just install those INF files, which correspond to your special Intel chipset devices.

By the way: The Intel chipset "driver" sets do not contain any real driver (that are files with the suffix .SYS), but just text files with some informations about how the Intel chipset devices have to be managed by the OS.