nLite incompatible update types

vipejc

If an update type is incompatible with nLite, will the program pop up an error dialog box informing the user, or silently fail without knowledge until you attempt to install the OS, which will fail as a result?

Edited by vipejc

I believe sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I have a copy of your unedited post in my email since I am subscribed to this forum. I won't answer all the questions you posed since you have since edited your post but will point out that my website may be of interest for you. http://xdot.tk/updates.html

I believe sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I have a copy of your unedited post in my email since I am subscribed to this forum. I won't answer all the questions you posed since you have since edited your post but will point out that my website may be of interest for you. http://xdot.tk/updates.html

Yeah, I edited it 'cause I found some answers. Can a Windows update for a certain add-on, say, IE8 cause that add-on to break in the future? I already have your site bookmarked for future Windows integration. :yes:

Well I wouldn't say break. I'll give you an example.

If you use my IE8.Add-on.Creator.zip you should never have a problem. If you use the add-creator on which it is based one of the updates will not integrate properly due to 8.3 naming. You will slipstream the update but when you go to WU you will see that it did not take because of a file name difference.

Also, certain WMP updates will break WMP9 if you don't use my add-ons. See You said you wanted to slipstream WMP11 so you shouldn't have a problem.

Edited by -X-

IE8 to .NET Framework.

For IE8, use my add-on maker script and you won't have a problem. While I have never used them myself, I would trust these .NET Framework add-ons.

Probably pirated Windows.

Not sure what saying here.

nLite successfully integrates all XP critical, security and updates, right?

No, like I said before there is one problem area that I know of...WMP9 updates.

No Windows components, though.

Not sure what you are saying here either.

Regarding what mooms says, the only update pack I like is xable's. All the rest seem to include things which you may or may not want.

I may be partial but I think the best way is doing them individually with my update list.