Help me with Autoit Code

Hello all you nice people, can you please help me?

Run("odock.exe")

WinWaitActive("ObjectDock Plus 2 - InstallAware Wizard","")

MouseClick("left",327,352,1)

MouseClick("left",35,307,1)

MouseClick("left",342,351,1)

MouseClick("left",346,354,1)

MouseClick("left",210,234,1)

MouseClick("left",357,360,1)

How do I get this to run? I am trying to to go through the odock screens and Uncheckmark the "run objectdock now" part of the setup! What do I need???

Thank you,

John

I see that a lot of people try to use AutoIT to automate installs, even if said installs can automate themselves. Have you checked to see if you can do an unattended install of this product that includes an option for that setting? In addition, if the setup is recordable (like InstallShield) check that out.

Also, I'd try to stay away from using coordinates in AutoIT scripts, as those values are dependent on every instance having the same resolution and the dialog boxes being in exactly the same place every time. You can try out your app using the InfoTool and (hopefully the install is Modal) you can specify actual buttons rather than resorting to screen coordinates.

Can you elaborate on this? Do I look for a word or Phase ? If there are no alt keystrokes for buttons? I'd also like to wait until a windows is active so that autoit can use that window and uncheck the "run objectdock now checkmark" at the very end of setup.

Thank you for your help, My name is John

Provided there is no available command line argument for the exe:

have you used the auotit window info tool? if you can get a proper control name I would recommend using controlclicks over mouse clicks. It might help make the install more consistent on varying resolutions.

or if you install it with its silent switch does it still execute automatically

or the below code which wont uncheck it, but would kill the executed process as soon as the installer kicked it off

runwait ("installer_odock.exe")

While 1
If processexists("executed_odock.exe) Then processclose("executed_odock.exe")
Wend

Edit: making it legible

Edited by iamtheky

In fact installaware is package installer and you can easily unpack it with 7zip. inside it 7zip will see a folder "data" and inside it another folder "OFFLINE" and there will be also "F01CE79\AD42C1AD" where is stored impulse (impulse.exe) and "F9A70A3B\412A193F" where the impulse packaged objectdockplus is stored (named sw.impulse).

All you need to do is to unpack all files stored in both folder inside the same folder and then run the following batch to install objectdockplus unattended without any kind of bother:

cd /d %~dp0
Impulse.exe /autoinstall sw.impulse sw_info.xml sw_files.xml /ui2 525068

The batch should be stored inside the folder where the files were extracted previously.

Update: Forgot to say that impulse need at least dotnet 2.0 SP2 to run.

Edited by allen2

Here is what autoitinfo says:

How do I record the mouse movement? I am the 32 bit autoit on a 64 bit WIndows 7 Ultimate. because the 64 bit of Au3Record_x64.exe keeps giving the error failed to load dll. I had the record mouse movement checked., but it doesn't record the movement. Thank you John

Automating install with mouse movements should be avoided at all costs as it can do a complete different thing if the resolution isn't the same (or running multiple displays), if other windows are opened and some press some keys.

Did you tried the other method as i explained ?

with the autoit window info tool, hit that second tab 'control' and see if its changing over the different checkboxes. If they are usable you can avoid mouse commands altogether opting for just controlclicks. that combined with a blockinput(1) would for the most part alleviate the issues allen2 described. Though if you can get away with a commandline full of switches I would very much recommend that route.