Is my motherboard compatible with this case?

vipejc

You're worrying about connectors if i understood correctly. From the pictures it is compatible for audio (ac97 connector), usb and 1394 connector but you only have one front usb and the front panel connector isn't there on the case picture.

Edited by allen2

The CoolerMaster case manual doesn't have a front panel pinout. Another problem is CoolerMaster and the OEM use different terminology to describe identical wires, so I don't know if the pins are identical or different. No, my motherboard has two integrated USB 2.0 connectors. It seems as if the case's USB connectors are compatible, but the AC'97 audio and IEEE 1394 are incompatible. I want to be sure so I don't damage my motherboard.

As i see it from your pictures, audio is compatible for sure. As for 1394, the description on the case picture is just color that doesn't help much (but it should be also compatible).

Anyway CoolerMaster usually do compatible stuff and wouldn't try to force you buy new connectors.

If you want to be extra sure, you can ask both coolermaster support and your motherboard manufacturer support. This way, you'll be safe.

As far as I can see all should work fine, but, you might need to set the HD / AC97 in your BIOS. Or, if it's Realtek, in the red speaker icon you can find a setting to set it to AC97 or HD. Electrically it's compatible so don't worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...