Devices and Printers Hangs

joe43wv

I've got a customer system that is causing me to pull my hair out. The customer called and said that they weren't able to print on this system. So I checked it out and the first thing I did was go to Printers and Devices. The page starts to load but then it just stops and hangs when it almost goes to the end without loading anything. The only way I can get the printers to show up is by turning the printer spooler service off and then back on. After I do that I can see the printers but I can't manage them and still can't print. I researched online and found several posts about enabling the bluetooth service, did that and still no go. One thing I did find weird is that under device and printers that it is showing 3 generic non-pnp monitors, but it only has one plugged in. Don't know if that has anything to do with it but thought I'd throw that in. Any thoughts on how to fix it? I've racked a lot of time into this and the client is losing time by not having this system running. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by joe43wv

I forgot to test that. This thing has gotten me so stressed out it isn't funny. In the off chance the same result occurs in the other account what is my next step of action?

I did try that, when in safe mode it won't show any of the printers because print spooler won't run in safe mode. I'll try the different user account after report back. If anyone can think of any other tests to try in the mean time feel free to post.