Timed Background Slide Show

kncxv

I want to set up my background slide show to display certain backgrounds at certain times of the day. However, I can't quite seem to find documentation anywhere that says exactly how the picture change timer works.

So, say I set it to change once a day. Does that mean it changes at midnight, or does it start timing the 24 hours right when I set it? What about if I set it to once every 6 hours?

Also, if the computer shuts down or goes to sleep, does that affect the timer at all? Or does it still keep track of what background it should be displaying?

I feel that the timer is related to the screensaver timer. However if you miss your transition, it will change at boot up. By that, I mean I had thought the background changer in Win7 was related to my lock up problems, so I had noticed a couple things about it. If my PC locked up during a transition, the new wallpaper would change after a reboot.

There is an option to have it choose wallpapers alphebetically, so you could arrange your images in ascending names. But the timer isn't exact as such that you can gaurantee that all of your PCs are going to change their wallpapers on the hour, every 3 hours. The DWM isn't really designed for that purpose, its just a neat little add-on. You may want to look into third-party implementations of changing the wallpaper.