Problem starting Werconcpl.dll

nice_guy75

Have you solved the problem keeping Error reporting inside Services with vLite, like I've tested myself?

Maybe there is a solution to add a new time the error reporting service! But I don't know how to do that!

I've tested vLite only to give you some help and with my customized Windows 7 SP1 I do not remove any components!

sorry my mistake, I have missed "TO" in my sentence, it should be like this "Finally I have TO trim my OS once again.

BTW, I have not trimmed my OS once again but probably I would do today in the evening.

Have you tried protecting werconcpl.dll, I am thinking of doing so.

I usually remove the components to make my OS lite. I like my OS to be as lite as possible.

No, not needed!

After a new test made like my example given above (but keeping: Error reporting with the second test, with a new image install.wim with SP1),

I just keep inside Services: Error reporting and the files werconcpl.dll were copied sucessffully and the problem has been solved like this for me!

Image Error reporting keeped

*Edit: interesting sharing:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/121477-vlite-v12-final-rapidcatched/page__st__140 (post # 147)

Edited by myselfidem

@myselfidem

So, for your customized Windows 7 SP1, you do not remove any components. I guess that component removal may cause quite a bit of problems for all of us. Thus, what do you modify in your customized Windows 7 SP1, rather than integrating updates and drivers? Do you use other software rather than vLite in constructing your image? Pardon my curiosity here, but it would be good for me to learn how other experts like you in modifying the Windows image.

Thanks! But I'm not an expert. I like testing and try to find solutions.

There is a lot of programs working fine to customize Windows 7 and I've tested successfully vLite with Windows 7 SP1.

I just want an OS Windows 7 working fine and my advice is to keep all components if we don't know what we want really remove!

vLite works fine with Windows 7 SP1!

Some components can be removed safely with vLite and it's needed to choose carefully which component we don't really want and what happends if some components are removed:

Help about components to keep:

http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/7146-components-to-keep/

For my personnal use, I use WPI 8.2.1 to install my programs silently after the installation is complete. I've just customized some images (spwizimg.dll, imageres.dll, FirstUXres.wim and some others).

Se7en_UA is also an exellent program!

Cheers

@myselfidem

Thanks for sharing your method of customzing Windows. It is good to know other prespective and opinion in modifying Windows.

Just protect werconcpl.dll and you should be able to remove Error Reporting with no problem. Here is my list of protected files, which I gathered from various guides here. It is a bit overprotective, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

windows\system32\browcli.dll

windows\sysWow64\browcli.dll

windows\system32\Magnification.dll

windows\sysWow64\Magnification.dll

windows\system32\msdrm.dll

windows\syswow64\msdrm.dll

windows\system32\msdt.exe

windows\system32\msoert2.dll

windows\syswow64\msoert2.dll

windows\system32\optionalfeatures.exe

windows\syswow64\optionalfeatures.exe

windows\system32\SystemPropertiesRemote.exe

windows\system32\tbs.dll

windows\system32\wer.dll

windows\system32\werconcpl.dll

windows\system32\wercplsupport.dll

windows\system32\werdiagcontroller.dll

windows\system32\wiaaut.dll

windows\SysWow64\wiaaut.dll

windows\system32\winipsec.dll

windows\system32\wmdrmsdk.dll

windows\SysWow64\wmdrmsdk.dll

windows\system32\wlanapi.dll

Edited by alvinkhorfire

Ok guys,

Thanks for all your help, I have finally trimmed my OS once again keeping Error reporting and also protecting the dlls which alvinkhorfire has listed, and werconcpl.dll is now working fine no error.

Will use that OS for few days in vmware, I hope everything is fine.

About spoiler! ;)

At last

Well, I did realize my "/spoiler" mistake yesterday, but somehow post editing did not allow me to edit the post throughout yesterday. :wacko: Luckily, I managed to correct it just now.

Thanks for head-up, myselfidem. :)

Edited by alvinkhorfire

Thanks alvinkhorfire :rolleyes:

I have also some troubles with the editor sometimes and I think this due to IE9!

When that happends, I close the editor and I try again to modify my post.

When I write, example: \$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts

The first time is writed correctly and if I edit my post I must write a new time the second $ (inside $$) because is missing!

And sometimes I can't modify anything, but just remove the lines! I must try again and again to make some changes! It's annoying

Edited by myselfidem

@myselfidem

So, for your customized Windows 7 SP1, you do not remove any components. I guess that component removal may cause quite a bit of problems for all of us. Thus, what do you modify in your customized Windows 7 SP1, rather than integrating updates and drivers? Do you use other software rather than vLite in constructing your image? Pardon my curiosity here, but it would be good for me to learn how other experts like you in modifying the Windows image.

Thanks! But I'm not an expert. I like testing and try to find solutions.

There is a lot of programs working fine to customize Windows 7 and I've tested successfully vLite with Windows 7 SP1.

I just want an OS Windows 7 working fine and my advice is to keep all components if we don't know what we want really remove!

vLite works fine with Windows 7 SP1!

Some components can be removed safely with vLite and it's needed to choose carefully which component we don't really want and what happends if some components are removed:

Help about components to keep:

http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/7146-components-to-keep/

For my personnal use, I use WPI 8.2.1 to install my programs silently after the installation is complete. I've just customized some images (spwizimg.dll, imageres.dll, FirstUXres.wim and some others).

Se7en_UA is also an exellent program!

Cheers

I forgot to mention that I have intalled WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7 on my computer and I used imagex.exe to save only one image install.wim with a batch file:

One_Image.cmd

@echo off
Title Saving Image Windows 7 ULTIMATE
Color 0A
CLS
echo.
REM Change the folders name and the Architecture to your needs!
echo.
echo ==Exporting Image Windows 7 Ultimate x86==
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" /export C:\Win7\sources\install.wim 5 C:\Win7\sources\install2.wim "Windows 7 ULTIMATE"
echo.
echo ==Removing unwanted files and folders==
echo.
REM DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install.wim"
DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install_Windows 7 HOMEBASIC.clg"
DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install_Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM.clg"
DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install_Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL.clg"
DEL /S /F /Q "C:\Win7\sources\install_Windows 7 STARTER.clg"
RD /S /Q "C:\Win7\support\"
RD /S /Q "C:\Win7\upgrade\"
REM REN "C:\Win7\sources\install2.wim" "install.wim"
echo.
echo ==End process==
echo.
echo ==Now you have only one image and the new index is: [install.wim 1]
echo.
echo ==Type any key to exit==&pause>nul

I set two lines with REM, like this you can choose to change MANUALLY the image inside your distribution folder and save the original full image install.wim!

*Rename "install2.wim" as "install.wim" MANUALLY

I used this batch file many times whithout any problem, and after there is only one image install.wim inside the folder: .\sources\install.wim

Feel free to do like you want! But it's better first to make a copy of the file install.wim if there is errors and save time!

The same result is given with GimageX to save only one image!

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem