[Make_PE3] Unable to save customizations

Minimus

I'm having an issue making changes within wimb's Make_PE3 utility.

It's not that I don't understand how to make changes per se, it's that they aren't being transfered over to my image when I boot the ISO.

Following the discussion in this thread, I'm trying to get a few features to run automatically on boot (such as initializaion of network support). I understand how to do that - in theory. wimb has all ready provided support via startnet.cmd, parts of it just need to be uncommented. I get that part. Here's what happens.

(building on an x86 system for reference)

\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86\Windows\System32\startnet.cmd

Edit that file to remove the comment infront of line 16 (double colon) - so that driver_fix.cmd is called when startnet.cmd runs.

start "Driver Fix PE3 - Wait ...." /wait "%SystemRoot%\System32\driver_fix.cmd"

Run Make_PE3.exe to create ISO.

When I boot the ISO, startnet.cmd does not call driver_fix.cmd. Looking at the file, line 16 has had it's comments (double colon) put back in - just as if I had never made the changes.

This also happens with other files I'm trying to edit, such as winpeshl.ini.

I thought maybe it was grabbing a different architecture for some reason, so I editted al 3 iterations of startnet.cmd (\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\ia64 & \Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\amd64) - but that didn't help either. (The .iso that's created is pe3_x86.iso). When I look at the modified date of startnet.cmd on the .iso it is May 20, 2010 8:29pm - even though all of my local files have a modified date of today (June 3, 2011). I have no clue where it's pulling that file from when the .iso is created.

I hope that is an accurate enough problem description to work with. What am I doing wrong?

Other info that may or may not be helpful:

Booting using GRUB4DOS directly from the .iso.

The process seems to work fine otherwise, just unable to get changes to appear on the .iso

Edit: file name correction

Edited by Minimus

Speaking of latest download version Make_PE3_40.exe

I don't see file start_net.cmd but only file startnet.cmd

Also at line 16 I don't see the line that you quotet.

The file startnet.cmd in the download has date 2011-01-03

May be use a fresh download and run first without making changes and then try again .....

Edited by wimb

You're right, there is no underscore in startnet.cmd, my mistake.

I have Make_PE3 version 3.3. I got it on May 26th - seemed pretty current, but honstly don't remember what site it was from.

Will try a fresh DL and see if that fixes it.

Edit:

I dug through my history and found where I got that version.

Found a link to this file linked on this page (Step 2 in the Windows 7 section)

Edited by Minimus