Windows 7 /2008 AIO & one Unattended.xml

is it possible to use one unattended.xml for both Windows 7 and 2008 R2, which are on the same disk?

i merged windows 7 and 2008 R2 and put the (uncompressed) iso on USB stick

now i want to set for example the following things:

Windows 7:

Computername,

User,

Organisation

Create user

Skip OOBE

Set resolution

Windows 2008

Computername (different from previous one)

User

Organisation

Set administrator password

Set resolution

for both:

add sata drivers for harddisk detection

anyone who can help me with this, i'm new at the new image method, and this one is radically different compared to the XP answer file

I don't see why not. I am looking at my 2008 web server answer file and it *could* work with Windows 7. But there are a couple things that may cause a problem, you'd have to test it. I can think of these issues:

1. The user account you specify would get created on both 7 and 2008 installs. This shouldn't be too big of a problem since you can just delete that user from 2008 afterwards.

2. Computername... both would get the same computer name. Probably should have it set to * to generate a random name if you want them to be different.

3. The fact that the Administrator account is disabled in 7 may cause a problem when trying to assign a password to it.

4. If you have any packages to configure, a 7 install may error if it doesn't have those packages...

That being said, here is what you should do. Create 2 answer files, one for 7 and one for 2008. Then you need to create a new boot.wim that gives you an option to launch setup of either OS. So if you pick Windows 7, you run setup.exe /unattend:win7.xml, and obviously other option to install 2008 using its own XML. You specify the image number for each, say 7 is 1 and 2008 is 2.