Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Raoul90

Disable PCA Service during setup?

Hi,

I want to disable the PCA Service.

The service handles these screens:

program-compatibility.png

And in my FirstLogon script there are a couple of programs that make that screen popup. So I want to disable the service during Windows 7 Setup, if possible?

The regkey:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PcaSvc]

"Start"=dword:00000004

I allready had this ones in one of my autounattend.xml files, but I cant find it anymore, I know its possible without creating a .reg and them importing it, should be possible to do it directly from command prompt.

Thanks in advance!

edit:

Think I found it:

<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RunSynchronous>
<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>1</Order>
<Path>cmd /c "cmdow @ /HID & reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PcaSvc /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f</Path>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
</RunSynchronous>
</component>

Edited by Raoul90

Couldn't you, in your script first stop the service? If it is set to automatic, you won't need to re-enable it after running your programs, as it should start up by itself after the next reboot.