XP installation says partition is too small.

Using USB_Multiboot_10 I installed XP+ SP3 on my 1 Gig flash drive., plugged it into the USB port on an ACER ONE with a 160 gig HDD. The Acer was set to boot from USB HDD.

At the first menu I selected menu item #1. Begin TXT mode setup of XP. Installation is normal all the way to the screen that asks which partition to install XP on. I see only one partition and it is only 956 megs in size (which happens to be the same size as my flash drive). When I hit ENTER, the next screen informs me that the partition is too small. Pressing "D" and it says it can't delete the partition because it contains important files necessary for the installation, or something like that.

I think XP is trying to install onto the flash drive. How do I direct the installation to the Acer hard drive? If this info helps, I clicked on the button that made the flash drive the U: drive. I wasn't sure if that was correct.

The info at this forum is the only one that has worked. I am so close now ! ! ! Thanks so much!

Integrate the proper SATA driver in your source or change in BIOS SATA mode to IDE.

It's a common problem/question which has been asked and answered numerous times, please do a little search next time.