"please enter a new product key"

biggunz47

The file I used should be an MSDN source of Professional SP1.

Specifically when trying to test the resulting ISO on VMware workstation, it comes up with this error:

"The product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key."

When using VMware's Easy Install, it bypasses this error, but windows fails to load after install.

As you can see from my last.ini i didn't add any unattended settings, or remove Manual Install. After searching these seem to be the most likely causes of this error but aren't the case. Did I make a mistake removing a component, or did I get an altered .ISO file?

Last Session.ini

The file I used should be an MSDN source of Professional SP1.

Either it is, or it isn't. Did you download it from MSDN?

"The product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key."

This is an equivalent of using a product key of one version (say OEM) on a different version (say Retail). If you can get a download from MSDN, then you can also get a corresponding key for it.

Please clarify this first, and then we can help you.

Cheers

Is there anything in my last session file which would cause this error?

I do of course have a valid Windows 7 Professional license key. It's not letting me enter it prior to giving this error. It throws this error immediately after clicking "install", long before asking for a license key. As you can see in my last session.ini, I did not use the unattended setup option so I did not enter one in Vlite either.

Edit- It seems my original suspicion is correct, as after playing around with various settings it still has the same problem. I will try a different source ISO.

Edited by biggunz47