What might be causing this problem?

Hi guys I am facing very strange problem, I have customizing my windows 7 ultimate I have trimmed my OS and tested, it was working fine but then I have customized boot.wim and install.wim. When I tried after that I am getting this problem

6fox2w.png

I even tried with default boot.wim but still getting the same problem in vmware. I wonder what might be causing this problem?

It happens to me sometimes also!

First I think you can try to create a new time the iso file and make a new test!

If the error always appears, that means that some files are corrupted!

Edited by myselfidem

It happens to me sometimes also!

First I think you can try to create a new time the iso file and make a new test!

If the error always appears, that means that some files are corrupted!

Thanks mate I have already changed my OS and now I will replace the files and see how it goes. But I wish to know that what might be causing the problem.

The OS is not recognizing the SATA drive contrroller.

Either add SATA controller drivers or set your BOIS to ide compatablilty mode...

Can you please elaborate a little bit, See If I wish to add SATA driver; where can I get that driver and how can it be added. If I wish to change the settings in the BIOS. where can I find that setting?

The driver can be added to the BOOT.wim just like any old driver... use rt7lite or win7 toolkit from wincert.

The driver can be obtaned from your motherboards website.

As to the bios thing go into you bios and look for the setting called ahci or compatability mode.... (don't set it to ahci)

Gimme the make and model of your motherboard I will help you find the info.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

The driver can be added to the BOOT.wim just like any old driver... use rt7lite or win7 toolkit from wincert.

The driver can be obtaned from your motherboards website.

As to the bios thing go into you bios and look for the setting called ahci or compatability mode.... (don't set it to ahci)

Gimme the make and model of your motherboard I will help you find the info.

Thanks mate for your help mine is Sony Vaio VPCEB3TFX and I am not sure about the Motherboard.

Is this information useful?

I have used Belarc's advisor

Main Circuit Board b

Board: Sony Corporation VAIO

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. R1140Y8 10/06/2010

According to the model of your laptop on the SONY website, the SATA is actually a SATA AHCI driver http://esupport.sony...d=5978&os_id=45 although the site says this model (in the US) usually comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, so the driver is probably 64-bit as well. What about your Ultimate version?

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

According to the model of your laptop on the SONY website, the SATA is actually a SATA AHCI driver http://esupport.sony...d=5978&os_id=45 although the site says this model (in the US) usually comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, so the driver is probably 64-bit as well. What about your Ultimate version?

Cheers

Mine is 64bit only mate.

OK. These are the 64-bit drivers I extracted from the original package

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ju6jl9fdme96sl1/IntelRapidStorage_9.6.0.1014_x64.7z

Size: 240.49KB

MD5: 9a867849dba57c973bcef99fe58bb90e

You can just put them on a USB stick and add them when setup asks for them (first few screens). If you want, you can do a bit of searching and learn how to integrate them into your setup. BTW, which method did you use for trimming your Win7?

Cheers

OK. These are the 64-bit drivers I extracted from the original package

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ju6jl9fdme96sl1/IntelRapidStorage_9.6.0.1014_x64.7z

Size: 240.49KB

MD5: 9a867849dba57c973bcef99fe58bb90e

You can just put them on a USB stick and add them when setup asks for them (first few screens). If you want, you can do a bit of searching and learn how to integrate them into your setup. BTW, which method did you use for trimming your Win7?

Cheers

Thanks mate, I have although changed my entire OS but if I will get that problem once again I would try your way if I got success then I would integrate this driver in my boot.wim.

And as far as trimming is concerned you would be surprised to know that I have trimmed by OS with Vlite, I know most of the members are getting problem in trimming Windows 7 SP1 with vlite, but I didn't get any problem what so ever with vlite. I am saying so as I did install my OS after trimming and it was fine till then, I got this problem after I have started customizing my OS.

Edited by nice_guy75

If vLite works anything like nLite, you should be able to integrate your AHCI driver into your install. I know it will work for Vista, but someone else will have to say how well it works for Win7.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt