gpedit.msc error

Sp0iLedBrAt

Cheers

Again, seems ordinary, but...

Avast and Sandboxie are referenced. It can't be known what they do without an in-memory debugger.

Another hint (line 136): Explorer is using USN change journal. That is an indication one or both of them are active.

So, don't know what to say.

I just made a shiny new nLite for my new VirtualBox installation this weekend, but I used my regular Last Session.ini. I forgot NOT to remove "Group Policy Management Console" there, otherwise I would have refreshed my memory about these things... :(

GL

• 1 month later...

Topic revival: does framedyn.dll have anything to do with this? I had some problems with windows popping up "Framedyn.dll was not found...." whenever I tried to install some applications, so I decided to address it. I found a topic on the MS website, tried to fix it manually, but in the end solved it through a Fix It download and a restart.

Anyway, that is the only big change I've done in the period since, and now Group Policy Editor works as it should.

Cheers

Yep, you're probably right. I went through most of the first two pages of the search, and it seems it isn't exactly given as a proper solution, but other people have gone as far as to do this step, too. If I had to be Adam or Jamie, I'd call it "plausible" :lol:

Cheers