.cmd to .exe. w/graphics

fishcross

Yes I am a novice programmer and and have in the last year or so started to write .cmd routines to assist in configuring the HW I deal with and to track what I have done (via a .log file).

Being a novice programmer, (OK I grew up only learning BASIC), I wondered if it was possible, (when I compiled my .cmd file, to a .exe file) add graphics (small picture) to help explain a simple process.

Does this sound like a reasonable request, or do I really need to start fropm stratch with another programming language?

Any input would be appreciated!

For something very basic then packaging the script within a self extracting archive may suffice, a dedicated utility may give you a little more in the way of features but not much. As a rule I'd suggest that writing a batch file, and wrapping it into an executable, (they are not really compiled just hidden within something else), would be pointless for the most purposes.

Let us know what exactly you are doing and we may be able to suggest a more appropriate method of achieving what you need, possibly a hta or autoit script.