(Solved) Automatic Login Windows 7

bookie32

Hi folks :thumbup

I am reinstalling windows 7 Ultimate and I am using a test disk while original is still in use...

I am adding all programs etc before creating image.....

I have updated windows with the latest service pack 1 and now I haven't automatic login? I haven't set a password, so I am at a loss to understand what is causing this...

I have tried looking at

control userpasswords2

But that doesn't get me anything on my Swedish based computer...I even checked microsoft Swedish pages and they use same code..

Can anyone tell me how to solve this ....Please :angel

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

I believe SP1 does enable the forcing of a logon if it was disabled previously, even with only one account (especially if you set a password). The old steps should still work though (replace the "control userpasswords2" with "netplwiz" in the steps):

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/coolstuff/Tip-Auto-Login-Your-Windows-7-User-Account

Hi Mate :hello:

Thanks for that....Just realised that I actually have a Windows 7 Inside Out....LOL I must start reading it more often...Just found it and was about to apologise to you guys/girls and you were to quick for me..... :angel

I didn't have a password set but I am part of a group, but that shouldn't affect it according to the inside out..

I have changed it now and it works as normal...

Thanks a bunch...

For those of you having the same problem run netplwiz as cluberti explains and then untick the "User must enter name and password to use this computer"..

I am attaching a image showing that, but for our Swedish guys/girls it is "Användarnamn och lösenord måste anges för användning av datorn"

Save and then everything is OK again!

bookie32