Dual Graphics Card

wnr

Hey all,

Ok so i have my other computer which has two identical graphics cards. They are both a GeForce 8800 GT. I fear that one may be actually broken.

When i have one plugged in, the computer boots fine, and its just perfect.

When i have both plugged in, the computer boots fine, but doesnt detect the second graphics card.

When i try the second graphics card in the computer on its own, i get nothing. The computer doesnt boot, and after a good 30+ seconds of nothing, i hear 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps, which from what i have searched for indicates theres no video card, or theres a problem with the video card.

Its running Windows XP, the motherboard is an Asus Striker Extreme, and i just reformatted and reinstalled windows this morning, followed by updates for both windows and the graphics drivers, but i just cant get it to work.

The computer runs perfectly fine with both graphics cards in the machine, but it just doesnt seem to be able to detect it. In Device Manager, it says theres just 1 graphics card, and its not included under the part that says theres no drivers for a particular device.

Any help would be appreciated :(