Usb Problem

sempron555

Hello guys am new here my english is not very good but i will try to explain i have windows sp3 updated and i use nlite to integrate a lot of drivers like video,sound,network,wifi a lot!. well the problem start wen i start install windows if i install from a internal driver the installation completes. but if i install it from a external usb dvd-rom it wont cotinue. let me explain why, i get to create partition and all he copy all the files to start installation but when restarts to keep goin the installation dont detect the usb devices like the usb dvd-rom or mouse or any usb so i cant cotinue :no: the installation it ask for the files to continue can any one give me a hand here? thanks for your time and am sorry for my bad english.

Hello guys am new here my english is not very good but i will try to explain i have windows sp3 updated and i use nlite to integrate a lot of drivers like video,sound,network,wifi a lot!. well the problem start wen i start install windows if i install from a internal driver the installation completes. but if i install it from a external usb dvd-rom it wont cotinue. let me explain why, i get to create partition and all he copy all the files to start installation but when restarts to keep goin the installation dont detect the usb devices like the usb dvd-rom or mouse or any usb so i cant cotinue :no: the installation it ask for the files to continue can any one give me a hand here? thanks for your time and am sorry for my bad english.

This is most probably NOT nlite related, but more likely USB drivers related.

This could be due because on "second" boot the BIOS simply ignores the USB connected CD because the CD is not anymore the "boot device".

You can try creating a new .iso using a bootmanager like grub4dos and *always* boot from the USB CD, once continuing booting the CD and once continuing with the local disk.

But it is also possible that you need to add drivers/settings. :unsure:

Generally speaking having a USB mouse is often a problem during install, anyway.

Depending on a number of factors you may want to try using a USB stick or hard disk, instead, see here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

or use a PE

jaclaz