How much can I tweak Win7 with SIM?

Hi all.

I'm using Windows System Image Manager to create answerfiles for unattended Windows 7 deployment.

I'm just wondering how "deeply" into the Windows settings I can customize.

Say, in folder options, I'd like to make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled, and on the processbar, I want to have "Combine when taskbar is full".

Is this possilble in Windows SIM - or would I have to find some sort of registry tweak as a solution to these wishes?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all.

I'm using Windows System Image Manager to create answerfiles for unattended Windows 7 deployment.

I'm just wondering how "deeply" into the Windows settings I can customize.

Say, in folder options, I'd like to make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is enabled, and on the processbar, I want to have "Combine when taskbar is full".

Is this possilble in Windows SIM - or would I have to find some sort of registry tweak as a solution to these wishes?

Thanks in advance.

Im pretty sure you can customize windows 7 pretty much with WSIM.. But there is a huge windows 7 registry collection at MDL Forum.

You can add these tweaks during FirstLogonCommands

Another way is to use sysprep and boot into the administrator account, customize your settings, capture the image and use CopyProfile in your Autounattend.xml (but this is a little too complicated)

Thank you for your willingness to assist me :)

grabben, would you be so kind as to provide me with a link? I'm not too familiar with the forums yet. :)

Thanks in advance.

ricktendo64, this sounds quite laborious - is it worth the effort, compared go grabbens suggestion?

Thanks again, in advance.

Thank you for your willingness to assist me :)

grabben, would you be so kind as to provide me with a link? I'm not too familiar with the forums yet. :)

Thanks in advance.

ricktendo64, this sounds quite laborious - is it worth the effort, compared go grabbens suggestion?

Thanks again, in advance.

Sure: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/23206-Big-Collection-Of-Windows-7-Reg-Tweaks