Is GimageX dead?

Tomorrow

Not sure if this is the correct subforum for this so if it's not feel free to move moderators.

I simply can't access http://www.autoitscript.com/gimagex/

It's not a problem on my end as far as i know so i was wondering if anyone else has any info on this?

There is no annoucment on their main page about it being discontinued etc and it has been down for a better part of a week already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Imaging_Format#ImageX

The site is up.....but for some reason is not working for Firefox 3.6.X, or IE6. It does however work fine with IE8.

I've been playing with GimageX over the weekend and comparing ImageX with GUI to several other imaging tools.

ImageX is very impressive and the GimageX GUI front end makes it considerably easier to use. :thumbup .

Until now I have been using self-image professionally at work (because it's the only decent tool available without buying a license). However, based on these results, I will now be using ImageX. (That said, If I could get my company to buy Acronis or Drive Snapshot client licenses, I would be using one of those instead - I've been using drive snapshot at home for years)

The following results were achieve when backing up an image of Windows Vista.

Acronis 13 - 26 minute backup, 21 minute restore

Drive Snapshot 27 minute backup, 25 minute restore

Ghost 11.5 - 37 minute backup, 34 minute restore

Self image - Fail (over 60 minutes backup). Restore not tested. (this project appears to have been abandoned now anyway).

ImageX 46 minute backup, 22 minute restore. (didn't properly restore boot sector for Vista, but worked fine restoring XP)

My next step is to cobble together a quick and dirty BartPE plugin. It should be pretty easy to do because the latest version of ImageX/GimageX runs fine under BartPE as just a collection of files in a folder (the same is true when launched from a folder on a mapped drive).

Edited by mkruger

The site is up.....but for some reason is not working for Firefox 3.6.X, or IE6. It does however work fine with IE8.

IE7,IE8,IE9,Chrome,Firefox,Safari...none of them work.I can only acess it with IE6 or Netscape User Agents set for firefox:

Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 6.0; U)

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

• 5 months later...