\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF is invalid

usarif

Hi,

I had created ISO and running on vmware machine and getting this error. I tried to look on line 10524 and really it doesn't look odd. i am trying to add SATA driver. I tried with different xp cd. same results. I search in the forum, but really didn't get any good conclusion.

thanks in advance.

iaAHCI.inf

Welcome to MSFN.

Please attach Last Session.ini so we can get more information; you've attached the .inf file for the Intel SATA driver. Speaking of that, I would encourage you to use Fernando1's modified drivers for Intel motherboards http://www.msfn.org/...d-raid-drivers/

Edit: please also post the specific error and the line in TXTSETUP.SIF it refers to. Start with a clean (previously unmodified) source every time.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

thanks for your quick reply. attached is the last session.ini. link for modified driver is broken i am getting page not found.

the error message i am getting " line 10408 of the INF file \i386\txtsetup.sif is invalid. setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

Last Session.ini

@ usarif:

You forgot to mention the OS you are going to install and the way you have integrated the Intel AHCI driver.

I had created ISO and running on vmware machine and getting this error.
If you are going to install Windows XP onto a VMWare machine with an Intel Southbridge in AHCI mode, you should better integrate an Intel AHCI driver version, which belongs to the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (MSM) series. The Intel RST drivers like the v9.5.0.1037 one are not the best choice unless they are installed onto a really existing Intel AHCI Controller system.

For further informations you may look into >this< guide.

forgot to add line where erroring out.

setup,2.exe = 1990,,,,,,,1990,0,0

Questions:

1. To which chapter of the TXTSETUP.SIF belongs this line?

2. Did you add this line manually or has it been done by nLite?

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

It is not just VMWARE, I tried to couple of computers with ACHI enabled same error.

it is on [sourceDisksFiles.x86] in TXTSETUP.SIF on line 10408.

it is added by nlite.

I added by selecting drivers option, then insert, single driver, point to inf file (attached) and click on next.

TXTSETUP.SIF

Firts off your adding 64 bit drivers to a 32 bit system! This will error every time anyways.

Second off the setup,2.exe is MOST likely erroring out because of the comma.....

Thanks for reply.

it is a x86 driver.

i had remove the comma on setup,2.exe and it works fine now...thanks for everyone..appreiciate all your efforts.