Why "Mobile PC Display" instead of "ATI Radeon HD 3200&#34

(=EZEKIEL=)

Happy New Year everyone..

I have COMPAQ CQ40-416AU Win 7 Ultimate build 7100 before, recently i updated to Win 7 Ultimate build 7600.

The issue is my VGA Mem in Win7 7100 is 1GB+ and after i updated it to 7600 win 7 it appears only 892Mb graphic mem.

so then i checked my display and it appears "Mobile PC Display" not ATI Radeon HD 3200..

i already downloaded and installed ATI 10.12 Catalyst and driver; install compaq default driver for ATi

but still im getting 892MB Graphic Memory.

i dont understand this issue that i am encountering right now.

anyone got an idea on this..?

Thank you and best regards,

-GiL

Edited by (=EZEKIEL=)

I've seen some video cards report below their value, but I believe this is just a reporting issue. I bet if you go into Device Manager, you will find that the ATI driver is not installed, but instead a Microsoft or Unknown driver. Getting the correct driver in there should fix the problem, although it may still report the incorrect value.

The issue is my VGA Mem in Win7 7100 is 1GB+ and after i updated it to 7600 win 7 it appears only 892Mb graphic mem.

I suggest you have a look at the specifications again. 1GB isn't your video memory, it's your system's entire memory. Your video card shares that ("borrows" from it).

specs:

AMD Turion X2 Dual Core 2.2Ghz (1mb cache)

14.1″ WXGA (1280×800 Widescreen) Hi-Definition Brightview Display

ATi Mobility Radeon 3200 (IGP – shared memory)

1gb DDR2 RAM

320Gb hard drive

Regarding that dxdiag screenshot (display tab), that seems to report weird stuff regardless. On this box with a Radeon 4850 512MB (system has 8GB), it reports something around 3.5GB, and on another box with a Radeon 3200 IGP and 4GB of shared system RAM, it shows around 2GB. Using an IGP which may be set to dynamically change its memory usage, you may even get stranger stuff...

Don't ask me why they'd pair a dual core CPU with so little RAM...