AV_LOGS folder - what the hell is creating this...

anathematized1

I can't seem to find any relevant information in a Google search, so I figured I'd ask here.

Here's the deal, I have a 1 TB HDD in my computer. One day I was trying to download something that was 35 GB in size. I know I've not come close to filling up my 1TB HDD, but I get an "out of disk space error." So I pull up My Computer and I look at the C drive and it says something like 15 GB free out of 931 GB. I was like, "the f***!?" So I downloaded TreeSize Professional when I couldn't find where in the hell all of this memory usage was. I pull it up, let it scan and there's a folder, C:\AV_LOGS that is something like 600-800 GB in size. I open it up and there are all of these sub-folders, Vcs5StrMgr, VCS7SplitterLogs, Vcs7VADPlayer, VCS4SplitterLogs, VCS4ProvManager, VCS4Recorder. They all contain .log files for various programs that use audio and/or video (Oblivion, WMP, etc). One of the log files was like 500 GB and another was like 200, and they were both for a program I have on my computer, Screaming Bee MorphVox Pro. I deleted the two files but any time I open MorphVox, a new .log file is created and it's just as massive as before.

Basically what I want to know is, what is creating all of these .log files and how I can turn it off.

To save time in typing out everything about my system, I'm just going to include a system information file (size, 1.82 Mb, hosted on Mediafire.com).

Basically what I want to know is, what is creating all of these .log files and how I can turn it off.

No logical reason at all. Maybe the program has been modified by a virus.

HTH

Edited by cannie

A Process Monitor running with a filter on that file path is probably the best way to find it.

Well I have Processmon and I created a filter for that folder, but it's not picking up anything. It tells me that all ____ events are excluded by the filter...

Assuming data is still being written into it, save all events to a native pml file, zip or rar it up, and upload it somewhere if possible.

And that would be one thing I don't know how to do...

I can force it to write to that folder by deleting the log files that are there and then opening and running the programs that whatever it is creates log files for and they will show up. That part is no problem, I'm lost on the rest of it though...

Assuming data is still being written into it, save all events to a native pml file, zip or rar it up, and upload it somewhere if possible.

And that would be one thing I don't know how to do...

I can force it to write to that folder by deleting the log files that are there and then opening and running the programs that whatever it is creates log files for and they will show up. That part is no problem, I'm lost on the rest of it though...

That is exactly what you should do then, all while running procmon. Then save, compress, and upload the .pml file (don't even bother to filter this time) and we'll have a look.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't seem to find any relevant information in a Google search, so I figured I'd ask here.

Here's the deal, I have a 1 TB HDD in my computer. One day I was trying to download something that was 35 GB in size. I know I've not come close to filling up my 1TB HDD, but I get an "out of disk space error." So I pull up My Computer and I look at the C drive and it says something like 15 GB free out of 931 GB. I was like, "the f***!?" So I downloaded TreeSize Professional when I couldn't find where in the hell all of this memory usage was. I pull it up, let it scan and there's a folder, C:\AV_LOGS that is something like 600-800 GB in size. I open it up and there are all of these sub-folders, Vcs5StrMgr, VCS7SplitterLogs, Vcs7VADPlayer, VCS4SplitterLogs, VCS4ProvManager, VCS4Recorder. They all contain .log files for various programs that use audio and/or video (Oblivion, WMP, etc). One of the log files was like 500 GB and another was like 200, and they were both for a program I have on my computer, Screaming Bee MorphVox Pro. I deleted the two files but any time I open MorphVox, a new .log file is created and it's just as massive as before.

To save time in typing out everything about my system, I'm just going to include a system information file (size, 1.82 Mb, hosted on Mediafire.com).

Hello, AV Voice Changer creates this log files.

P.S. I'm late for 2 years but I hope that it will help you.

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad English :D