WPI starts but clock does not.

I have been doing some testing of my W7 unattended install and WPI (8.1.0). I am running W7 x64 Ultimate under VMware Player. When I use a small ISO with minimal installations, WPI clock starts fine and install completes normally. When I use my full blown Unattended install, WPI starts but the timer never starts. I start WPI by running a SetUpComplete.cmd file that copies another command file to the Startup folder which calls WPI.exe. Since I am running under VM with an ISO it looks like I am running from a CD/DVD. If I start it manually, all is fine. Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

You can check inside your useroptions.js if the values are always defined.

Example inside mine useroptions.js:

// General tab

NumCols=1;

// ---

Timer=true;

Seconds=120;

StartBeepAtSecs=10;

// ---

Edited by myselfidem

You can check inside your useroptions.js if the values are always defined.

myselfidem, thanks. Here are mine and I should have said when I simply start WPI, the timer is running. Enjoy, John.

// General tab
NumCols=3;
// ---
Timer=true;
Seconds=30;
StartBeepAtSecs=28;
// ---

EDIT: Just completed an install on my hardware and it does the same thing. WPI starts but the clock is not running.

Edited by johnhc

Thanks!

Sometimes I see that I choose 120 seconds before the desktop finish loading the first time , but when WPI starts, I see that I've lost some seconds. Remaining seconds: 57

I don't use SetupComplete.cmd but WPI.cmd (inside the folder "scripts") launched with Autounattend.xml at Firstlogon.

WPI starts immediatly for you?

Edited by myselfidem

Thanks!

Sometimes I see that I choose 120 seconds before the desktop finish loading the first time , but when WPI starts, I see that I've lost some seconds. Remaining seconds: 57

I don't use SetupComplete.cmd but WPI.cmd (inside the folder "scripts") launched with Autounattend.xml at Firstlogon.

WPI starts immediatly for you?

myselfidem, I was not watching this time (on HW), but on VM, it starts soon after Setup does its thing with the little initialization dialogs in the upper corner of the Desk Top. I use AutoUnattend.xml First Logon to run a command file that installs a bunch of stuff. Setupcomplete.cmd then copies a little .cmd file to the Startup folder which then executes (and deletes itself). The funny thing is that my smaller install on VM works just fine. I will try a longer timer on VM. Thanks, John.

EDIT: Very interesting result. On my host, I set the timer to 130 seconds and set the tick to 128 seconds. The tick did not start below 128 (did not wait long) , so I did some playing. I set both to 100 seconds. The timer started running at 1 minute and 40 seconds but the tick did not start till 1 minute and 0 seconds (1:00). May well be a bug. Now to the install on VM. I left the timer set to 100. WPI started with the timer running. In just a few seconds, it stopped. I opened Options and exited and the timer again started and ran to completion. I suspect some other process is still running and WPI thinks it is getting a click. Don't know what to do about this. I hope mritter will take a look.

Edited by johnhc

Download the file and replace your copy. Test it from desktop, dvd, iso, everywhere. Take note of the alert and post the results of when timer works or not.

Thanks, mritter, but your link takes me to DNS Made Easy with a domain configuration error message. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Works now and I got the api.js file. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks, John.

EDIT: I opened WPI on my host and got the attached error. Only had a light blue screen and the configuration pull down. Answering yes or no caused the message to go away but nothing else.

Edited by johnhc