"Error while extracting the Administrator localization string. Pl

esiu

Hello,

I'm getting the error above while trying to work with a WinXP Pro x64 CD. It finishes reading the source, comes up with a little text box with this error and an OK button (see the attachment). Clicking OK causes nLite to exit. This CD is a legit copy and I have used it many times before but now I have to install on a RAID drive. Any help appreciated.

post-309812-0-88850100-1290036929_thumb.

Hello,

I'm getting the error above while trying to work with a WinXP Pro x64 CD. It finishes reading the source, comes up with a little text box with this error and an OK button (see the attachment). Clicking OK causes nLite to exit. This CD is a legit copy and I have used it many times before but now I have to install on a RAID drive. Any help appreciated.

esiu, welcome, I have not seen this error before. It is occurring when nLite is scanning your source. You say the source is XP Pro x64 but the message says XP x64 2003. Sounds like Server 2003 64 bit to me - nLite should work OK. How did you copy the source CD? What machine are you running on (Windows version?) Please look in your System Log for CDPROM bad block messages. Try using nLite to do the copy - just browse to the CD. I had a copy problem once but it did not cause nLite to fail, but the install gave all kinds of strange errors. I cleaned the CD and copied again (getting no errors in System Log). Enjoy, John.

Hello,

esiu, welcome, I have not seen this error before. It is occurring when nLite is scanning your source. You say the source is XP Pro x64 but the message says XP x64 2003. Sounds like Server 2003 64 bit to me - nLite should work OK. How did you copy the source CD? What machine are you running on (Windows version?) Please look in your System Log for CDPROM bad block messages. Try using nLite to do the copy - just browse to the CD. I had a copy problem once but it did not cause nLite to fail, but the install gave all kinds of strange errors. I cleaned the CD and copied again (getting no errors in System Log). Enjoy, John.

John,

Thanks for your reply.

The CD is XP Pro x64, not sure why nLite says 2003 (2003 edition?). I tried both reading directly from the CD and copying to hard drive first. When I use the CD the error shows up after the files are copied - although in the copied directory there is one file missing: AMD64\LANG\MSMINCHO.TT_ but if I copy the files myself I get the error almost immediatelly when it says "Scanning". I tried on 2 different machines, both running XP Pro x86. Any ideas?

Now the question is not only if the copy (whatever you mean by "copy") is legit or not, is it original (as in "not previously modified by an enthusiastic friend") ?

Also to both, please read point 10 inthis thread. There is a 2nd proper reply button 4 centimeters below the one you use. :)

Thanks for your reply.

The CD is XP Pro x64, not sure why nLite says 2003 (2003 edition?). I tried both reading directly from the CD and copying to hard drive first. When I use the CD the error shows up after the files are copied - although in the copied directory there is one file missing: AMD64\LANG\MSMINCHO.TT_ but if I copy the files myself I get the error almost immediatelly when it says "Scanning". I tried on 2 different machines, both running XP Pro x86. Any ideas?

esiu, it is real difficult to get at problems with so little information. Usually we can ask for a Last Session.ini and not ask 64 questions. First you said you ran nLite on a XP Pro x86 (assume 32 bit). This will present a problem if you try to integrate a Service Pack. Kurt_Aust has a work around here. It is also a great guide for XP x64 (updates, etc). The main concern I have is the version of nLite you are using. It should be 1.4.9.1 and DLed from the nLite site only. Perhaps you have an old version. I also run XP x64 and don't remember seeing the 2003. Some programs do think my OS is Server 2003 because XP x64 is based on it and has the same version number (5.2.3790). Also try running with all your security SW turned off. I disconnect my modem when I do this to prevent bad guys from getting into my system. Enjoy, John.