"open in explorer" move2Parent"

Unlike "find target" or "open target" or "Open File Location" and so on..

that are programed to expand a "new explorer window" for *.lnk file mostly.

I'd like to have this function work for any other file I'd select "any.file" regardless of extension. & so to make it work using the same "open in explorer" & too to avoid cluttering the right click space..

regardless to the above.. I'm in very much need to get another right click context function where I'd select a file or DIr to get moved to a one directory above of the current I'm working @ "one step up" ("2parent")

this actually can save me from time to time where I need to repetitively manually\physically do *cutting* *browsing* *pasting* *nailing..* *then finally to remember to browse forward or back to the previous dir I was @*

of course if anything can be achieved I'd be happy if later on an advanced user jumps-in to help compile a register-able shell routine for it "a Dll"

TIA

I'm not sure that I get what you want!

Pre-Vista there was an 'up button' to move up an explorer directory, this was changed to the handier address bar system from Vista onwards.

That said, if you select a file or directory in an explorer window, then you must already be located within it's parent directory!

I'm in very much need to get another right click context function where I'd select a file or DIr to get moved to a one directory above of the current I'm working @ "one step up" ("2parent")

this actually can save me from time to time where I need to repetitively manually\physically do *cutting* *browsing* *pasting* *nailing..* *then finally to remember to browse forward or back to the previous dir I was @*

I'm not sure what you meant by the part preceding this (couldn't understand), but this specific part is rather trivial. This .reg file should add a "Move Up" entry (feel free to rename it) to all files and folders which does exactly that.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\mv]
@="Move Up"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\mv\command]
@="cmd.exe /c move \"%L\" .."

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\mv]
@="Move Up"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\mv\command]
@="cmd.exe /c move \"%L\" .."

Paste in a text editor (like notepad), save as a .reg file (not .reg.txt), and import to your registry by double clicking it. Tested on a clean XP VM.

thanks Yzöwl, using CoffeeFiend's reg file explains about: "move" part I was looking for..

thanks CoffeeFiend!

I added "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Files\shell\mv" references as it didn't show on single files under "my documents"

now it only needs to be shell collaborated so its also recognizes by "Undo" .. any ideas ..?

as to the first part of my first post @the topic about: *.lnk and other file types...

I used the reg file example and got it sorted out like intended :-)

thanks so much..