Constant high CPU usage

luke77

I am getting CPU usage in the 90 % range when there are no windows on the Taskbar and no open programs.

Everything is going slower.

In the Processes window, system idle shows readings from 60-99% with explorer.exe taking the balance.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Andy

it could be some malware

if your scanners can't find anything my recomendation would be repair (not format) of OS

then again thats only my opinion

usualy explorer.exe takes high resource if something of 3rd party

is hooked to it and using it

Edited by vinifera

Or, a better option is to use Process Explorer to view all threads inside explorer.exe, and which one is consuming your CPU time. It'll probably be obvious which software add-on thread loaded in Explorer from the thread list is causing the perf hit, and you can kill that thread from procexp (and then remove the software from add/remove).

Hi luke77, i think you have installed many programs/softwares thats why it shows Constant high CPU usage. if you want to maintain or reduce your CPU usage you can uninstall these programs if they are of no use for you by jst seeing in Windows Task Manager and then processes that which program uses how much CPU memory and then uninstall it by just going into control panel and then add or remove programs...I hope this works for you...

Edited by pankaj