UFD Support

Atheros

does any one know if there is a fast and simple way to remove UFD support from WinPE... a certain cardreader is becoming a Nuisance... i dont use UFD as everything is blasted over a gigalan.

so any quick ideas would be appreciated.

nice thought Trip. i do have a diskpart script running on window_onload but the cardreader seems to retain the letter unless i close and re-open the HTA application:

this is what i currently have:

Sub Window_OnLoad
Document.body.style.cursor = "Wait"
If ObjFSO.driveexists("c:") Then
Objapp.run "Diskpart /s remc.txt",0,true
objapp.run "ping 127.0.0.1",0,true
END IF
IF ObjFSO.driveexists("D:") Then
Objapp.run "Diskpart /s remd.txt",0,true
objapp.run "ping 127.0.0.1",0,true
END IF
Document.body.style.cursor = "Auto"
End Sub

diskpart scrips are as follows:

Sel Vol C:

Remove Letter=C NOERR

Exit

any further ideas,,,, not only that i sent a support request to MS about the drive lettering that WinPE allocates when system is booted with multiple drives.... but thats another nightmare in itself.

if you are not aware of this letting issue then this is how it goes. drives have partitons configured on them:

Disk(0)Partition(1) = C:

Disk(1)Partition(1) = D:

Disk(0)Partition(2) = E:

Argh! hopefully they will send me a fix for this.

ignore the lack of object declarations and types.... i didn't bother adding them on here but do exist on the program

Edited by Atheros

In my HTA, yes the value does not update but it actually does in the background. I think this is why the GImagex HTA has a reload button on it... Anyways, what WinPE are you using? In WinPE 3, diskpart commands are recognized instantly by the system, while in WinPE 2, you needed to do rescans or refreshes. I ran into this problem when I was converting my recovery partition to WinPE 3 and didn't know that diskpart updates instantly.

I've asked these questions to Microsoft as well (concerning drive letters) when I was having problems fixing drive letters of multiple partitions and custom recovery. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about how WinPE assigns letters. Basically you should design your system around how WinPE operates. You could use trickery to re-assign letters to existing partitions (using hidden files) but then you get into trying to fool proof the system. Like what if a user has a USB key plugged in? Well you can't account for every situation!

Edited by Tripredacus
oops swear filter xD

yes using winpe 3. i think it could be something to do with running 2 diskpart scripts from the same sub, maybe it is storing an error somewhere. ah well ill keep trying, once i get a little more time and let you know how i get round it.

In my HTA, yes the value does not update but it actually does in the background. I think this is why the GImagex HTA has a reload button on it... Anyways, what WinPE are you using? In WinPE 3, diskpart commands are recognized instantly by the system, while in WinPE 2, you needed to do rescans or refreshes. I ran into this problem when I was converting my recovery partition to WinPE 3 and didn't know that diskpart updates instantly.

I've asked these questions to Microsoft as well (concerning drive letters) when I was having problems fixing drive letters of multiple partitions and custom recovery. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about how WinPE assigns letters. Basically you should design your system around how WinPE operates. You could use trickery to re-assign letters to existing partitions (using hidden files) but then you get into trying to fool proof the system. Like what if a user has a USB key plugged in? Well you can't account for every situation!