Vector graphics on Win95

Andrew T.

May be eve would help. Though it is very tiny and not very feature rich app. Just search 'eve vector graphics' or so. I'm writing from mobile phone, so it is a problem for me to copy link. It works on 98, don't know if it does on 95.

I think the link you want is for the Web Edition:

http://www.goosee.com/evewe/users/

Don't worry it's now free too, you can see that by reading here:

http://www.goosee.com/evewe/index.html

I haven't got it to successfully import any SVG files, but did create one and after some minor editing with notepad got it to display in FF. I'm not too familiar with the format...but I might be able to help you get started if you need it.

Thanks. EVE runs fine, so I'm sure I'll try fooling around with it. I wish there were more applications nowadays remotely that small and efficient: Anything that fits on a 360k floppy with room left over can't be that bad, in my book!

Apparently, Inkscape didn't break all vestiges of Win9x compatibility until version 0.43. I've tried earlier versions, but they prompt a "missing export SHELL32.DLL:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA" error on IE-free Windows 95. (SHGetSpecialFolderPathA is an IE 4 function.) I'd still be curious if I could get it up and running, just for the heck of it...and I am open to hex editing to do so! :lol:

I also have a very old version of CorelDRAW on hand (version 3, to be specific); although it's a bit too old for my tastes. Nothing like having to manage the clipboard with Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Del shortcuts!