(STILL UNSOLVED) Office 2003 Install in nlite

Bendfella

i followed the tutorial from unattended.msfn.org MSFN's Unattended Windows : Office 2003 Advanced Installation Office 2003 Advanced Installation In this guide, we'll show you how to customize your Office 2003 installation with the Custom Installation Wizard. » Section 1 - The Custom Installation Wizard Copy the contents of your Office 2003 disc to: C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\ Make sure you enable showing of Hidden files and folders via the Folder Options so the CAB files are copied as well (this does not apply to Administrative Installation Points) Download: Office 2003 Resource Kit Tools Execute ork.exe to install the Office 2003 Resource Kit Tools. Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit Tools and select Custom Installation Wizard. You'll be presented with the first screen of 22 to go through. It won't take too long to go through, because most of these options can be skipped: In step 2, choose the MSI file in your Office2003 folder. That would be PROPLUS.msi for Office2003 Professional with Frontpage (and PRO.msi without Frontpage) Step 3: Create a new MST file Step 4: Name it Unattended.MST in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\ Step 5: Leave Alone, unless you want to specify a different destination directory to install Office 2003 into. Go through the rest of the steps to customize your Office 2003 installation, and skip sections that you don't understand. At the end, you are shown your command line to run: This command will perform a silent installation of Office 2003 using the Unattended.MST file you created in the Custom Installation Wizard to set your customized options. But we don't want to use the exact command shown above as this wouldn't exist when installing from a CD, so we will need to change this when we add it to a batch file: TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\ Unattended.MST /qb- changed to... TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- » Section 2 - The Office 2003 Batch Command As you read at the end of the last section, we needed to change the path in the TRANSFORM syntax in order for it to work. Below are the full batch commands you can use, so add these lines to your batch file: ECHO. ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional ECHO Please wait... start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- That's it! Submitted by Alanoll. Last updated 2005-12-18 19:44:50 by Alanoll

but at the last part where i have to change TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\ Unattended.MST /qb- to TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- this i cant edit it in the box i really want to have office 2003 professional integrated in my xp cd what am i doing wrong??

RIGHT NOW IM GOING THROUGH THE WHOLE FORUM PICKING UP BITS AND PIECES TO GET THIS RIGHT

IF SOMEONE COULD JUST UPLOAD THEIR RUNONCEEX COMMAND FILE AND THINGS I COULD EDIT THEM AND GET IT RIGHT

Edited by dencorso

Ok checked out the tutorial i compiled and edit where nessecary

Step 1

Download the ORK (Office Resource Kit) 2003 and when installing it, choose Custom Installation Wizard in order to make an administrative install. Copy your Office CD in a folder on your hard disk, start the installation wizard (you will find it in the Start menu under Microsoft Office) and point it to the Office folder. Now you can put in the serial number, choose which programs to install or not and many other things.

You don't change in the ORK, you change it in the batch file, i.e you add the command in the batch file

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb

Question: the batch file lets say I name it OfficeXP should it be OfficeXP.bat or OfficeXP.com? and this batch file should be in the oem folder, install? Do I also need a guirunonce entry in nlite?

Add all files to winrar to make SFX silent switch: PRO11.MSI /QN

My winrar commands, you can copy and paste to yours:;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=PRO11.MSI /QN

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: PRO11.MSI /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

- tick "Unpack to temporary folder"

- select "Hide all" under "Silent mode"

- select "Overwrite all files" under "Overwrite mode"

3. On the Text and icon tab, enter the following text in the "Title of SFX window" field: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

That is it!

however if you use ORK to do a fully unattended customised install use the following, once you have your MST file.

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

- tick "Unpack to temporary folder"

- select "Hide all" under "Silent mode"

- select "Overwrite all files" under "Overwrite mode"

3. On the Text and icon tab, enter the following text in the "Title of SFX window" field: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

ok i managed to use ORK

after done the unattended.mst file was created on the desktop

i copied it into my officexp folder then used the tutorial with winrar to create a sfx archive

it resulted in on file with a nice icon

i copied it to the oem install folder and created in notepad the cmd file

anything else i need to do??? before creating the iso in nlite?<br><br>RIGHT NOW IM GOING THROUGH THE WHOLE FORUM PICKING UP BITS AND PIECES TO GET THIS RIGHT<br>

<br>

IF SOMEONE COULD JUST UPLOAD THEIR RUNONCEEX COMMAND FILE AND THINGS I COULD EDIT THEM AND GET IT RIGHT

<br>

Edited by Bendfella

Now put the batch file (.bat) in the root of the CD, next to the $OEM$, I386 folders. Then go to this site http://win-x.co.cc/nliteimages.html and look at picture #20. It shows how to add the command in nLite. If you have already made an unattended install of Office2003, no need to pack it again with WinRAR. If you pack it again with this

Add all files to winrar to make SFX silent switch: PRO11.MSI /QN
, then you are creating an add-on, which is different from the RunOnce(Ex) install.

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size="4">

i tried to follow the guide to make an addon from here:

<br><br></font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="4">3) Place your reshacked 7zS.sfx in that same folder.<br>

4) Open a cmd prompt in c:\Office2003 and type:<br><br></font>

<pre class="prettyprint"><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="4"><span class="pln">copy </span><span class="pun">/</span><span class="pln">b </span><span class="lit">7zS</span><span class="pun">.</span><span class="pln">sfx </span><span class="pun">+</span><span class="pln"> config</span><span class="pun">.</span><span class="pln">txt </span><span class="pun">+</span><span class="pln"> </span><span class="typ">Office2003</span><span class="pun">.</span><span class="lit">7z</span><span class="pln"> </span><span class="typ">Office2003</span><span class="pun">.</span><span class="pln">exe</span></font></pre> <font face="Comic Sans MS" size="4"><br>

This will create your silent .exe in the same folder...<br>

Well seems we're all done.... Copy your fresh Office2003.exe out of the virtual machine to your computer.....<br><br>

Did I forget anything ? Leme know....<br><br>OK NOW AFTER THAT PART, DO I MAKE AN ADDON OR DO I JUST USE THE SILENT EXE I CREATED. WHERE DO I PLACE IT ON MY CD <br></font>

Edited by Bendfella

i just wanted to check sumthing. when i double click on the last file created

with

copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + Office2003.7z Office2003.exe

it said @cannot find setup.exe

why is it so **** hard to get office 2003 working with my unattended install