Building customized XP SP2 x64

donixa

I did try to build my own XP Pro SP2 x64,

My intent is to remove lots of things

When I finished, i found out that Quick Launch didn't shows up,

When I go to Program Files and Program Files (x86) They contain nothing other than Common Files,

No Outlook Express, Terminal Services also didn't shows up in my Services,

IE and others also didn't shows up in Start Menu, also no WMP (which some examples of things that I didn't remove them)

I'm not sure why is the main cause of this,

I lite them in my Lited XP Pro SP3 32bit,

Somehow the resulting OS installation was error, and I don't think because of CD burning problem,

I also did try to install from the base CD, and found out they correctly installed,

the base CD was lited but from the BASE CD SESSION.INI (also attached) I don't feel this as contributing to the problem,

Please help, I'm not a techie guy on this, but simply nlite user,

I have lited XP 32 bit many times, but never encounter like this before,

Thank you,

LAST SESSION.INI

BASE CD SESSION.INI

Hi donixa,

First about the BASE: it does absolutely nothing except for integrating a theme. I don't have much experience with themes, but I have a few thoughts:

- The theme name and filename differ. I don't know if it's allowed and/or intended.

- I'm not sure if x64 can/should be UXTheme-patched...

- It's done on Vista/7, which might bring problems for some setups...

- There is no reason to do it in two steps (which I'm sure you know also brings unexpected problems sometimes).

About the second:

It's pretty well done, nothing stands out. What I wouldn't remove (minor things unrelated to your issues):

- Jet Database Engine (way too many programs need it under the hood, but if you're sure, it's OK)

- HTTP SSL (I'm not sure about this, but I would err on the side of caution if I'd ever want to go to the Internet :))

- CleanBiosInfo (if you can find it in Nlite's GUI, it's worded differently; it can break windows activation and I've never even tried to remove it; you might get away with it, but please be absolutely sure...)

- Maybe, just maybe, try another unattended mode, although that shouldn't be the reason for your issues (I can't see right now which one is 1 - I'd have to fire up Nlite and go all the way through it; I use 5)

I think that the main reason for your issues is the bad/unclean/double-processed-on-diferent-OSes source.

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

I did try to build my own XP Pro SP2 x64,

My intent is to remove lots of things

When I finished, i found out that Quick Launch didn't shows up,

When I go to Program Files and Program Files (x86) They contain nothing other than Common Files,

No Outlook Express, Terminal Services also didn't shows up in my Services,

IE and others also didn't shows up in Start Menu, also no WMP (which some examples of things that I didn't remove them)

I'm not sure why is the main cause of this,

I lite them in my Lited XP Pro SP3 32bit,

Somehow the resulting OS installation was error, and I don't think because of CD burning problem,

I also did try to install from the base CD, and found out they correctly installed,

the base CD was lited but from the BASE CD SESSION.INI (also attached) I don't feel this as contributing to the problem,

Please help, I'm not a techie guy on this, but simply nlite user,

I have lited XP 32 bit many times, but never encounter like this before,

Thank you,

donixa, I also run XP x64, so have been here. Your missing Quick Launch is probably due to running nLite more than one against the same source. GrofLuigi is correct, running nLite more than once and running under Vista for an XP ISO is quite problematical. I would suggest you do all your running under XP x64. Where did your source come from? If you DLed an already nLited source, then you are dealing with Warez and we cannot talk about it here. You must have a valid legal copy of XP with a valid key. DLing copies of XP is dangerous anyway due to malware. Please let us know where your source comes from, make a single nLite run using a fresh copy of your CD files/folders (un-nLited) and attach the Last Session. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: You will need the Uxtheme and the SFC disable to include an unsigned theme in XP x64.

Edited by johnhc

Hi all,

thank you for the reply,

The problem was the CD source.

I have genuine Corporate Edition CD now, have it lited and its OK.

But when I install the lited Corp Edt, it generated pop up saying rdmupdgs.exe cannot continue or something,

and it say MSCAT32.DLL is missing.

But if I click OK, it continues the installation until finish.

Any comments?

Also please help comments what consideration to make a successful Business Contact Manager 2007 installation, becos it failed.

It generated SQL server error 29528

someone suggesting it because of non-existant of HTTP SSL

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlserverfaq/archive/2009/04/02/sql-server-2005-sp2-setup-might-fail-with-the-error-error-29528-the-setup-has-encountered-an-unexpected-error-while-updating-security-settings-on-http-services.aspx

When I try to install BCM 2007 in original CD, it was successful, so I'm suspecting something has to do with things I removed...

Thank you very much...

Edited by donixa

EDIT: You will need the Uxtheme and the SFC disable to include an unsigned theme in XP x64.

You mean, if i want to install un-official theme in xp x64, i need to make them disable?

Thanks in adv

You mean, if i want to install un-official theme in xp x64, i need to make them disable?

Thanks in adv

donixa, you need to Enable Uxtheme and Disable SFC - please see attached screen shot. Where did you get your Corporate Edition of XP? I don't know anything about Business Contact Manager 2007, but it too sounds like business use. The nLite license agreement does not allow business use, only personal use. If you are using nLite in a non-personal environment, then you are violating the license, should stop using it and we cannot help you here. You should get no errors when you run nLite and do your install. My comments is that I would not use a system that had error messages until I corrected them or completely understood their source. Enjoy, John.