Farmville not working on w98

Fredledingue

Says "Please install Adobe Flash Player" or something of that effect. It goes without saying that Flash Player is installed on my computer and it's version 9.

Happy Aquarium is going slowly and doesn't allow to hunt for treasures.

Any work-around?

IE6 and Maxthon. I never tried firefox but someone told me that with FF they had ;ess problems.

I was wondering if that was a Flash Player 10 issue of just facebook wanting me to change my browser/OS...

How are our guys with Flash PLayer 10 + KerneleX doing?

Farmville seemed to load properly here although I didn't try to play it. It's a friends farm and there's way too much there for me to want to sort out. I keep up fish wrangler for her when she's away to keep her log-in streak going. Using KernelEX, RP9, and Flash 10.0.12.36 on SeaMonkey 1.1.18. Had to bypass Proxomitron in order to get it to load. That game is a processor hog. Took almost 2 minutes to fully load, very cluttered farm. Even after it loaded, processor load was consistently between 85 and 90% with a 2.4 GHZ Pentium. SeaMonkey crashed when I tried to go full screen.

Edited to correct version number.

Edited by herbalist

The installer format was changed sometime after version 10.0.12.36. This version I can extract with 7zip. The next version I have, 10,1,53,64 can't be extracted by 7zip. None of the 10.1 versions will install on 98 here. The installers don't seem to do anything.

I manually copied NPSWF32.DLL from the macromed\flash folder on my XP install to the same folder on 98 after renaming the old copy from the 10.0.12.36 install. The xpt files for both versions are the same. The Adobe website now says I have version 10,1,53,64 installed. So far, all the sites I've tried are working properly.

If you go this route, go back thru the flash player settings. There's options there that weren't present with version 9.