wrong filetype icon displayed

piaqt

html files are displayed as default file icon (unknown file type). I've been through folder options/ File types. in the list, the unknown icon is displayed. When I click advanced, the correct one is displayed. I've tried change icon to re-select the right one. I've even looked in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOThtmlfileDefaultIcon. The default value is C:Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE.EXE,1.

Would deleting shelliconcache help? I've tried "Repair icons" (tweakui.) Zippo.[/color:b1f932cd17]

That's so odd

I mean as you mentioned the HTML IE icon is located in

C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe.. that's right

you tried to rebuild the icon cache..

hmm

only suggestion I have is

1. Assign a dummy icon to html

2. use IconPhile

and see if that works..

How did this happen?When did it happen?

If ya changed everything and tried tweak ui to try and rebuild the icon cache, and it still wont show up right, normally deleting shelliconcache would work. My prob is I have not been able to find it in XP. Maybe I'm bein lame again, but I did a search and cant find it. I do alot of changin of my gui and change and create icons all the time. but thank god XP hasnt given me that problem yet. Wrong icons was a big problem in ME n 98 tilll ya deleted shelliconcache. Rots A Ruck Piaqt, let us know if ya figure it out. Later Guys!

only suggestion I have is

1. Assign a dummy icon to html

2. use IconPhile

and see if that works..

How did this happen?When did it happen? [/quote:28e68b000e]I tried both suggestions. Nothing!:wail: :wail:

As to how and why, I've been playing with icons a lot recently, with several different programs (microangelo, eicons, iconphile) as well as the native filetype options.. .Hoist by my own petard!

strat4play: Thanks, and I will. [/color:28e68b000e]

:cuss: ::monsta:: :winsad :nuts

[b:9259e33db2]strat4play:[/b:9259e33db2]

Try searching for iconcache (no shell.) I did, tossed both copies, rebooted, et VOILÁ! Icons are back to normal!

[b:9259e33db2]Babis:[/b:9259e33db2] Thanks for the suggestions. Now I can stop bemoaning my fate and return to (semi) normal.

[i:9259e33db2][b:9259e33db2](Big sigh of relief)[/b:9259e33db2][/i:9259e33db2][/size:9259e33db2]

[/color:9259e33db2]

:dance :dance