network problems with Huawei E5

bookie32

Hi guys and girls :thumbup

OK! this is a long story....once apon atime :whistle:

Seriously, have a customer with a Asus P5B mobo and have tried to connect to a wireless router from Huawei E5. Let me begin from the beginning. The customer bought a little König usb network adapter for the computer to connect to the above router.

König sorry about no translation. The router gives out 5 ip addresses...great one would think...At the moment they have a laptop, and printer receiving addresses...no problem.

I installed the usb wireless network adapter but no dice? It finds their E5 and I have entered the wpa code but nada? I login to the router from the laptop...and sure enough there is no ip allocated for this computer?

I rebooted....everything I could think of but nothing worked...defective usb was my next choice and they bought an internal d-link DWA-547 again..sorry for the language. This card is produced for our market here in Sweden.

Anyway, this card produced the same results...nada. Checked all the settings...couldn't find anything wrong. Both computers share same antivirus software ...even turned them off and firewalls ...nada. Even tried to use the E5 filter and list all mac addresses....still no ip address allocated?!!

My patience was wearing thin about now so I had a little breakdown... :realmad:

My thoughts turned to Windows XP and has there been some hickup with a file somewhere or is there some setting that is wrong...just can't think of one...this where you guys/girls come in....I hope :whistle:

I have noticed in the device manager a ? for a device but I have checked all available drivers for the mobo and graphics card .....nothing else attached apart from keyboard and mouse with cord....so that is a bit worrying.

Thinking of a reinstall at the moment...

Has someone got any suggestions for me?

bookie32