Add Delete Bypass Recycle Bin to Context Menu

zappelectric19

I am running XP-Pro SP2. Does anyone know how I can add an item to the

context menu allowing me to delete bypassing recycle bin. I want the context

menu item to give the same result as holding down the"SHIFT" key when pressing "DEL"

Thank You.

how about right clicking the recycle bin --> properties --> check "do not move files to recycle bin"

then every delete is a "shift+delete"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320031

Thank you but I am aware of that option and would prefer to have the choice of deleting to or skipping the recycle bin available by the context menu.

that turns the delete already in the context menu, into the delete you desire, no?

ahh, it appears you are saying that you would like both options....

Edited by iamtheky

i dont get the point of the question. yes, you can spend a week writing a vbscript to do this, then edit a bunch of stuff, but whats the poitn? Dont you have more important things to do with your life?

? about the shortcut method ---- eventhough its visible in the shell:sendto folder, it is not available in the send to menu --> is that just me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a way to accomplish this on Folders - recursively.

1) downloaded sdelete and dropped it in the system32

2) under "HKCR\folder\shell"

3) added a new key 'sdel'

4) under 'sdel'

5) add a new key 'command'

6) data for the default value in command is 'sdelete -s "%1"

(i suppose you could do the same through tools --> folder options --> file types --> advanced settings on the "(NONE)FOLDER" item)

---delete still asks to send to recycle bin, 'sdel' asks no questions and just deletes.

There are probably other delete tools that will perform this task for all objects without issue.

Fun to play with, but not incredibly useful.

Edited by iamtheky

? about the shortcut method ---- eventhough its visible in the shell:sendto folder, it is not available in the send to menu --> is that just me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a way to accomplish this on Folders - recursively.

1) downloaded sdelete and dropped it in the system32

2) under "HKCR\folder\shell"

3) added a new key 'sdel'

4) under 'sdel'

5) add a new key 'command'

6) data for the default value in command is 'sdelete -s "%1"

(i suppose you could do the same through tools --> folder options --> file types --> advanced settings on the "(NONE)FOLDER" item)

---delete still asks to send to recycle bin, 'sdel' asks no questions and just deletes.

There are probably other delete tools that will perform this task for all objects without issue.

Fun to play with, but not incredibly useful.

THANKS YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM! THIS DOES EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND I APPRECIATE THE SUGGESTION FROM THE PREVIOUS POST