WEI Random Read score

MagicAndre1981

Is it at all possible that, at some point during the test, it is reading from the Cache or from memory instead of the physical disk? That would explain a speed increase at least.

I moved all these posts out of the WEI topic.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea left. I updated the BIOS, changed the cable, flashed the Samsung Firmware, installed the latest AHCI driver (1.2.1.197 from Catalyst 10.7).

- <DiskMetrics>
<AvgThroughput kind="Sequential Read" units="MB/s" ioSize="65536" score="7.0">135.57187</AvgThroughput>
<AvgThroughput kind="Random Read" units="MB/s" ioSize="16384" score="7.9">2426.07007</AvgThroughput> <---------------------------
<Responsiveness Kind="AverageIORate" units="ms/IO" score="5.3" factor="0.0">5.38000</Responsiveness>
<Responsiveness Kind="GroupedIOs" units="units" score="6.4" factor="0.0">13.52123</Responsiveness>
<Responsiveness Kind="LongIOs" units="units" score="5.8" factor="0.0">22.39657</Responsiveness>
<Responsiveness Kind="Overall" units="units" score="5.9" factor="0.0">302.82925</Responsiveness>
<Responsiveness Kind="Cap" Reason="FAILED">TRUE</Responsiveness>
</DiskMetrics>

When I run the WinSAT command from comandline and redirect the output, the values are lower.

I think this is a bug in WinSAT. I'll ignore it now.

Edited by MagicAndre1981

• 1 year later...