Adobe Flash Player Not Being Recognised.

frogman

Right, I have installed KernelEx, and now have the latest Firefox version 3.6.4

I went to the Adobe site and installed Flash player 10, but my concern is when I go to the Adobe Flash test page the player or info does not appear!

Is there something I have done wrong? and should I ever need to go to the core of kernelex and change the default to XP?

Edited by frogman

If you have tried latest Flash Player 10.1, it's not surprise - it doesn't work on Win 98.

We must wait for newer version of KernelEx.

Btw, sometimes it is good to use search option:

Ah, Ok, so have you like me had to use the modified driver called NPSWF32.DLLthat has to be placed in the flash system folder which enables you to view the likes of Google Street View etc, as it fools the system into thinking you have flash 10 installed when actually it's flash version 9.

Regarding the KernelEx, all I have done is made compatable the Firefox exe file, is there anything else that you think should be changed for my KernelEx program that may help with other stuff on Windows 98?

I actually thought that having the KernelEx program would allow us to install the very latest Flash player, but obviously I was wrong, and will have to wait on an updated KernelEx.

Is there any reason to have to go into the core and change the default for the operating systems on KernelEx?

Edited by frogman

No, you're using KernelEx only for those programs, which you can't install and run normally on Win 98/ME.

It make sense to disable KernelEx for specific program, if you have some issue because of it's presence.

If you don't have such problem, don't change anything.

Guest wsxedcrfv

Uninstall your flash player and go back to Adobe and install an older flash version.

Have a look here for older versions of Flash: http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php?old_flash_player=15

Version 10.0.12.36 works well on one of my win-98 systems that has KernelEx 3.6 installed on it. This is with Firefox 2.0.0.20. You can download that flash version from here: http://download.oldapps.com/Flash_Player/install_flash_player_10.0.12.36.exe

Edited by wsxedcrfv

Uninstall your flash player and go back to Adobe and install an older flash version.

Have a look here for older versions of Flash: http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php?old_flash_player=15

Version 10.0.12.36 works well on one of my win-98 systems that has KernelEx 3.6 installed on it. This is with Firefox 2.0.0.20. You can download that flash version from here: http://download.oldapps.com/Flash_Player/install_flash_player_10.0.12.36.exe

But I am sure I got the street view to work without the KernelEx.

And when it did work I had the flash 9 version with the modded driver, now it doesn't work.

When you say it works on your system, is that with the modded driver, and did you have to do any compatibilities using Kernel Ex?

Edited by frogman

Guest wsxedcrfv

But I am sure I got the street view to work without the KernelEx. And when it did work I had the flash 9 version with the modded driver, now it doesn't work.

You've just said that you installed KernelEx. So why are you getting all bent out of shape wondering why the modded Flash-9 version stopped working? If you're going to keep KernelEx on your system, then forget about flash 9 and find a flash 10 version that works. I posted one such version.

When you say it works on your system, is that with the modded driver, and did you have to do any compatibilities using Kernel Ex?

Ugh. Read exactly what I wrote. I have several win-98 systems. Only one has KernelEx. Specifically, I have a win-98 system with Firefox 2.0.0.20 and KernelEx 3.6. The flash version is a 100% original (unmodded) 10.0.12.36. I didn't have to do anything with KernelEx for that flash version to install itself or function correctly. In fact, that flash version installed itself because of some sort of auto-update function that adobe has. But no other more recent version of flash-10 has been able to install itself on this system, for reasons that I really don't care to investigate.

Edited by wsxedcrfv