How to integrate all 'up to date' post SP3 system hotfixes?

Subtech

Well as far as updates, nLite is designed for using security updates and bug fix updates. They are of a certain format and only that format will work. Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT), Windows Genuine Advantage Validation, Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and Windows Update Engine are not really updates so they have to be turned into add-ons. With the exception of MRT and Notifications, they are required to use Windows Update (WU).

Security Update for Flash Player 6, WindowsXP-KB923789-x86-ENU.exe, is a true update but it is a way outdated Flash that still has security vulnerabilities so an add-on with the latest, secure version of Flash is used instead.

The WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxx updates suffer from a design limitation in nLite where nLite will use the wrong version dlls. See this thread for more info.

WindowsXP-KB975254-x86-ENU.exe suffers from a filename problem. The filename in the update is ftpsvc2.dll but the filename in i386 is ftpsv251.dll. They are both the same file. I have repackaged it with the correct filename as an add-on.

Edited by -X-

Well as far as updates, nLite is designed for using security updates and bug fix updates. They are of a certain format and only that format will work. Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT), Windows Genuine Advantage Validation, Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and Windows Update Engine are not really updates so they have to be turned into add-ons. With the exception of MRT and Notifications, they are required to use Windows Update (WU).

Security Update for Flash Player 6, WindowsXP-KB923789-x86-ENU.exe, is a true update but it is a way outdated Flash that still has security vulnerabilities so an add-on with the latest, secure version of Flash is used instead.

The WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxx updates suffer from a design limitation in nLite where nLite will use the wrong version dlls. See this thread for more info.

WindowsXP-KB975254-x86-ENU.exe suffers from a filename problem. The filename in the update is ftpsvc2.dll but the filename in i386 is ftpsv251.dll. They are both the same file. I have repackaged it with the correct filename as an add-on.

Excellent ... That was a perfect explanation.. .. and thank you again.

OK so you know your code well enough (or more) to understand how the Nlite works but I always see that this guy 'Nuhi' (I think that's it) that designed the software can't continue for whatever reasons,etc... You should pick up the ball and roll with it. Windows 7 will inevitably be creating service packs and updates in the future plus most of us are still on Xp at least for another few years.

Actually, I don't understand this one.Why does "way outdated" matter ? Why this update can't integrate into nlite using the Microsoft website update instead of the add on.

Because it's insecure and wont work on modern websites like YouTube.

The Adobe Flash Player 6 was provided with Windows XP and contains multiple vulnerabilities that could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted Web page. Adobe has addressed these vulnerabilities in newer versions of Adobe Flash Player. Microsoft recommends that users of Windows XP with Adobe Flash Player 6 installed update to the most current version of Flash Player available from Adobe.

Because it is still an existing security problem.

Read post #20 again. Follow the link to the security advisory.

Sorry man, I must have been high..

OK, I understand but you threw me off when you said " Yes, nlite will do it but it's pretty foolish to do so when MS themselves say not to." - Microsoft doesn't tell you not to install their update from my understanding ,they just tell you to update your flash afterward.

Hey -X- if I want to add your update engine using my dll's, how do I find out what registry # to put in... Example: HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3}\iexplore" ? Better question, how did you come up with that number ?

Edited by aliceinchains

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Sorry

I'm saying that if I want to build my own windows update engine, (like the one on the link you supplied)buy getting the necessary dlls and writing an inf file, how you I figure out what number to write in the inf file to point at the registry ?

Such like the one I put in bold.