Can SFXMaker 1.2 create Silent .NET Framework Installers?

mainpage

And if it can... what are the commands/switches?

mainpage, I know nothing about SFXMaker 1.2, but assume if it can create silent installers, it can handle .NET. You need to asked a forum on the installer for an answer. The switches I use for installing .NET are here:

dotnetfx35.exe /Passive /NoRestart

I think if you change the Passive to Silent it will be completely quiet, but I prefer to see something is happening. Enjoy, John.

And if it can... what are the commands/switches?

mainpage, I know nothing about SFXMaker 1.2, but assume if it can create silent installers, it can handle .NET. You need to asked a forum on the installer for an answer. The switches I use for installing .NET are here:

dotnetfx35.exe /Passive /NoRestart

I think if you change the Passive to Silent it will be completely quiet, but I prefer to see something is happening. Enjoy, John.

Is there any way to use switches with the regular MS installer? I like to see the dialogs as well :P

Edited by mainpage

Is there any way to use switches with the regular MS installer? I like to see the dialogs as well :P

mainpage, open a Run dialog, enter msiexec and it will tell you all the switches. Enjoy, John.

mainpage, open a Run dialog, enter msiexec and it will tell you all the switches. Enjoy, John.

Is there a way to tell the installer what command to use?

Can I download the offline installer from MS and then instruct the installer to use the passive switch or silent ones?

I've read that there is some tool that makes them silent if you have the install packages. But I can't seem to find out what its called :(

Edited by mainpage

Can I download the offline installer from MS and then instruct the installer to use the passive switch or silent ones?

I've read that there is some tool that makes them silent if you have the install packages. But I can't seem to find out what its called :(

mainpage, why don't you post in the SFXMaker forum? I would think it should handle MSI installers but, as said initially, I am not familiar with it. Enjoy, John.