XP Home reinstalls

Sousemouse

Hi,

This is my first post and newbie to nLite. I have created a customized install disc using nLite and by following the tutorial as found on the site http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp, when I came to install the iso using Virtual box, when it got half way through the Windows XP wizard it restarted itself and wanted to rewrite over the space it had just created. This is very strange. I did get a few errors on the first install but these where related to cab files that I had created using Addon Maker, for such programs as Firefox. :wacko:

Hi,

This is my first post and newbie to nLite. I have created a customized install disc using nLite and by following the tutorial as found on the site http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp, when I came to install the iso using Virtual box, when it got half way through the Windows XP wizard it restarted itself and wanted to rewrite over the space it had just created. This is very strange. I did get a few errors on the first install but these where related to cab files that I had created using Addon Maker, for such programs as Firefox. :wacko:

Sousemouse, we need to see your Last Session. As it says in large bold RED above, please attach (not paste) it. We also need to know any errors you got in running nLite and installing - you should get none. Screen shots would be very useful. Please make sure you have selected the nLite option Tweaks-Boot and Shutdown to Disable automatic restart on System Failure. This should allow you to see the Stop Code - please post it. Enjoy, John.

Hi,

Sousemouse, we need to see your Last Session. As it says in large bold RED above, please attach (not paste) it. We also need to know any errors you got in running nLite and installing - you should get none. Screen shots would be very useful. Please make sure you have selected the nLite option Tweaks-Boot and Shutdown to Disable automatic restart on System Failure. This should allow you to see the Stop Code - please post it. Enjoy, John.

Thanks John,

Will try this out.

Hi. I have attached my session ini file if that helps.

Sousemouse, what is rootsupd.exe? In general you cannot place .exe files in the Hot Fix section. You mentioned AddOns in your first post, but I see none. I suspect you have run nLite more than once against the same source - a real no-no. This is supported by the fact that I see Components and Unattended Tasks in your Last Session but neither is selected. We have a serious incongruity here, please explain. Enjoy, John.

rootsupd.exe

updates the list of root certificates on your computer to the list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program.
but I doubt it should be in the hotfix section. It can be run without silent switches in RunOnce. I agree that it is illogical that only Tweaks is selected, and yet there is an Unattended section in the Last Session.ini

Hi,

Hi Where about's is the nLite option for Tweaks-Boot and Shutdown to Disable automatic restart on System Failure!!

Hi Where about's is the nLite option for Tweaks-Boot and Shutdown to Disable automatic restart on System Failure!!

Sousemouse, please see attached. Also please see the nLite Guide in the Stickies above if you have not. Enjoy, John.

Ok, So what I need to do each time I make a change to any of the settings in nLite such as tweaking the Services settings I should create a new source, then point nLite to this new copy???

Ok, So what I need to do each time I make a change to any of the settings in nLite such as tweaking the Services settings I should create a new source, then point nLite to this new copy???

Sousemouse, yes. What I do is copy my CD into a folder and keep that copy. When I am ready to run nLite, I copy from this folder into my working folder and always run nLite against my working folder, using the Last Session I have saved. The next time, I delete the Windows files/folders from my working folder and copy a new set. I have set up a small batch file to do this for me. Enjoy, John.