Shut down or Restart

Thanks for your great work presenting version 8 of WPI.

It was great if I could select between Shut down or Restart process every time I installed the programs in the main window.

Of course I can select Shut down or Restart from Tools tab in the option menu but ...

Most of the time I want to restart the computer and sometimes I don't have time to wait for finishing the installation and I want to leave the computer. I want the computer to be turned off after I come back.

If there was an option:

Shut down the computer after finishing the installation

like some other programs such as nero or download managers and so on.

Thanks

I am using the DOS command, add it yourself after the program you want.

shutdown.exe -r (restart)

shutdown.exe -s (shutdown)

More options also available.

Thank you mritter

I think the above commands Shut down & Restart the machine immediately.

I want to Shut down or Restart (Always Restart and sometimes Shut down)after finishing installation all the programs which are listed in the installing window.

I mean I want to choose between Shut down or Restart each time I begin to install the programs.

Can I write a command that suits my request?

How?

You can't do it within WPI. You will have to write batch file and run it in Execute Afterso it is always last. In there write your code to determine what to do.

Thank you very much again 'mritter' and sorry for asking again,

Isn't there any way to cancel an action -for example Restarting the machine - in the main window?

and this click or check mark causes the machine to Shut down instead of Restart?

Just like stopping the count down timer by clicking.

(I think some people want to have this choice and this can be an idea in the future releases)

Well see just HOW many people are set to use your WPI?

NORMALLY WPI is setup by a person or department to use in many PC's. By using commandline arguments you can denote each options section to use so in different situations you would have 1 useroptions for shutdown and 1 for restart.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Sent ghaffar a beta copy to test.....................

Thank you very much mritter for providing and sending me the beta version of WPI which lets the user to ignore what he/she chose in Option /Tools window before.

This happens for some reasons like leaving the computer for a long time changes my mind from Restart/Nothing to Shutdown. (energy saving)

Or maybe not disconnecting from internet changes my mind from Restart/Shutdown to Nothing. (saving time).

Or remembering to install softwares which cannot install them unattended after finishing WPI changes my mind from Restart/Shutdown to Nothing (saving time).

I have tested it and it works nice and exactly is what I expected, thanks a lot.

Now I want to know other users opinion about this option on installer window for next versions of WPI:

restarqoq.jpg

And also I want WPI users to think about an option on Option/Tools to let the user whether he/she wants to see these options on installer window or not.

Something like this:

restartcom.jpg

What do you think for having this option in the next version?

Edited by ghaffar

Yes, I can make it an option. Not sure if will put it there or in the main big combobox on the General tab.

Great mritter

Existing the option is important, you know better where to put the option.