Can this text be changed?

Windows Embedded 7 is a componentized version of Windows 7. You select what components (feature packages) you need and it will build a new Windows 7 image for you. Allows you to build a really small or completely customizerd Windows 7 image...

Windows Embedded 7 is a componentized version of Windows 7. You select what components (feature packages) you need and it will build a new Windows 7 image for you. Allows you to build a really small or completely customizerd Windows 7 image...

Ok do you know how can we change in Windows embedded 7?????????????????

I know we can change the text "set up is starting" in normal windows 7 but I don't know how. If someone knows please help me.

Edited by nice_guy75

Ok I have some idea how it can be done but the problem is that I dont have any idea how to patch winload.exe. Can anyone explaing how to patch winload.exe?

nice_guy75, is the attached what you are looking for? As you can see I opened it in XN Resource Editor, found here. I am not sure this is the best one for this job, but I have used it on my XP x64 system and created the attached screen shot on my W7 x64 under VM. If you double click the message text you want to change, then you can edit it. When I did these kinds of changes on XP, I had to run with System File Checker (SFC) turned off (also called WFP). Don't know yet how this works on W7. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

Ok I have some idea how it can be done but the problem is that I dont have any idea how to patch winload.exe. Can anyone explaing how to patch winload.exe?

nice_guy75, is the attached what you are looking for? As you can see I opened it in XN Resource Editor, found here. I am not sure this is the best one for this job, but I have used it on my XP x64 system and created the attached screen shot on my W7 x64 under VM. If you double click the message text you want to change, then you can edit it. When I did these kinds of changes on XP, I had to run with System File Checker (SFC) turned off (also called WFP). Don't know yet how this works on W7. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

See brother, in windows 7 it is not possible like you did in XP as we have to patch winload.exe. I have already tried to edit winload.exe in windows 7 ultimate but booting failed and some error like "Digital signature is not verified". And also tried to change the text in winload.exe.mui but I don't see any Change.

And I am looking for the method with the help of which I can patch winload.exe. Please help me someone.

Edited by nice_guy75

The only Windows 7 OS that supports changing the startup screens is (as mentioned previously) Windows Embedded Standard 7. And the options you have is basically to remove the startup screens all together, so that you cannot see it's windows booting. Vendors of Windows Embedded devices uses this together with custom shells to hide the fact the device is running Windows. The package you use is called Unbranded Startup Screens, and is enabled via ICE (the Windows Embedded version of WSIM).

Windows 7 is using digital signing to ensure none of the boot files has been tampered with so I would'nt even try to go changing those. And of course it would be very unsupported as well.

The only Windows 7 OS that supports changing the startup screens is (as mentioned previously) Windows Embedded Standard 7. And the options you have is basically to remove the startup screens all together, so that you cannot see it's windows booting. Vendors of Windows Embedded devices uses this together with custom shells to hide the fact the device is running Windows. The package you use is called Unbranded Startup Screens, and is enabled via ICE (the Windows Embedded version of WSIM).

Windows 7 is using digital signing to ensure none of the boot files has been tampered with so I would'nt even try to go changing those. And of course it would be very unsupported as well.

I don't mind playing with those files as well and I already did, I have already made an Acronis image of my C drive. But when I changed the text in winload.exe, booting failed and got an error something like "Digital Signature is not verified.......... bla bla bla"

And as I have already mentioned it can be done with normal windows 7 as well but winload.exe need to be patched. And I want to lean that method only,

Hi nice_guy75,

i have the same problems with this entrie of German "Windows wird gestartet" in the winload.exe.mui.

When i changed the entrie Win7 booting with errrors and crashed.

The Bootscree and the winload.exe we can`t changed.

beatmaster

Hi nice_guy75,

i have the same problems with this entrie of German "Windows wird gestartet" in the winload.exe.mui.

When i changed the entrie Win7 booting with errrors and crashed.

The Bootscree and the winload.exe we can`t changed.

beatmaster

Infact we can change winload.exe but we need to patch that file otherwise system will not boot at all. The only problem I am facing is "I am not getting the method how to patch winload.exe"