W7 Home Premium x64: Please show me your *successful* Last Session.in

Bilar Crais

Hello:

I am starting to suspect that Windows 7 Home Premium x64 is either not possible to use with vLite, or needs to have something else in the "keep" list, because I've not been able to configure a successful disc under *any* circumstances. I am not new to vLite; been here practically the whole time. I've been putting W7 Ultimate x64 discs together for practically a year now - I can configure them it in my sleep. However, after much playing around the last three days, I can't get a workable Home Premium x64 Vlite disc no matter what. At first I thought it was because it was an OEM disc - the cheapy $99.00 dollar license version, but I've also tried Home Premium RETAIL as well, and encounter the same issue just before the OOBE setup upon first boot. The install dumps out with a "missing component" or some such error (which I wish I had written down now). I must have burned 30 coasters already - and tried even removing basically nothing; just languages and few other basics, but no luck. I am just wondering if it's like Enterprise - won't work with Vlite no matter what. Any input appreciated.

Edit: Solved. RT7 Lite 1.06 new version works!

Last Session.ini

Edited by Bilar Crais

• 6 months later...

not sure if you resolved this but im having the same issue. ihave done professional and ultimate with vlite both x32 and x64 versions and it worked fine. for some reason home premium just doenst work with vlite. ive run through it not taking anything out and yet it fails with the same error as you stated. i have used rt7lite and that worked BUT im not a fan. the install was kind of sht and it just wasnt as clean imo as my vlite installs.

I can't seem to get it to work either with win7 x64 home premium. ~10 tries and always the same result. Windows Install locks up on the last stage and says "one or more services could not be started" (yes I tried to keep all services installed). I think that someone has got it working because i resorted to looking for a torrent and found one for a vlite win7 home premium x64 build. I tried using it and got the same result though. Perhaps it is my hardware. I'll try rt7lite and see what happens.