Empty Files?

mahoolywazit

Ok I've got a problem

So I have a program with .cab files that I want to extract.

I downloaded Uni-Extract, selected data1.cab, and hit extract.

All seemed to be fine

I opened up the destination folder, and all the files were there. Good right? No

I added the option to display the files sizes, and noticed most of them were 0kb! Now that cant be right! =(

The program itself is about 3gb in installed size, and the total extracted files were only about 3 mb! A 1000 times difference

Whats wrong?

Thanks in advance

If we are talking about an Install Shield installer with Data1.cab and Data2.cab, it won't extract properly, or may not extract at all if it was created with a newer version of the above mentioned installer.

Oh ok

Is there a newer version of universal extract or another program that can get around this problem?

If you insist to unpack those cab files, install InstallShield, and use InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer (open from start menu).

Extract a file from a cabinet file

Extract a file from a cabinet fileThe Extract File from Media option allows you to decompress a file contained in your cabinet. To extract a file:

1. From the View menu, select Components, or click the Display Components button on the toolbar.
  2. Double-click the File Groups icon.
  3. Double-click the folder that contains the file you want to extract.
  4. In the right pane, select the name of the file you wish to extract.
  5. From the Tools menu, select Extract File, or click the Extract File from Media button on the toolbar,or double-click the selected file name.
  6. A Save dialog box appears. Browse to the folder in which you wish to save the file.
  7. Click Save. Components may be password protected. Follow the previous link for more information

If you insist to unpack those cab files, install InstallShield, and use InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer (open from start menu).

Extract a file from a cabinet file

Extract a file from a cabinet fileThe Extract File from Media option allows you to decompress a file contained in your cabinet. To extract a file:

1. From the View menu, select Components, or click the Display Components button on the toolbar.
  2. Double-click the File Groups icon.
  3. Double-click the folder that contains the file you want to extract.
  4. In the right pane, select the name of the file you wish to extract.
  5. From the Tools menu, select Extract File, or click the Extract File from Media button on the toolbar,or double-click the selected file name.
  6. A Save dialog box appears. Browse to the folder in which you wish to save the file.
  7. Click Save. Components may be password protected. Follow the previous link for more information

oh ok thanks :thumbup